Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a 48 sec clip of 3 bucks we got on film this morning. 2 of them were HUGE and the other is still very good. The video is from just over over 500 yards and the sun was behind the bucks, so they are not really clear, but you will get the picture how big they are when you see it!!!! This is land we hunted on last year and shot a 140" buck, but we never saw any of these big boys. I hope this year is my year ;)

www.wiktel.net/digital/ruglandoutdoors/hugebucks.wmv

Here is a low quality picture from the clip to tease you a little until you see the video :D I hope you like it. 48 sec long jsut over 3 meg in size.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah That would by MY teammate. Nice video.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeap, just some bumps and a sun illusion :D It is just a little rolly in this area. Maybe that is why the deer are soooo much bigger then all the others in the area ;)

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
dang

So have either of you 2 guys hung a stand on that sign post yet :smile: ???????

Man those dudes were big, good luck on stickin one of them this year. :beer:

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sign post, what sign post??? ;) Oh you mean that thing that is inside my Double Bull blind now :angel: We had to hide that sign so no one else would see it. But not sure what to do with the other 6 you can see from the road. OK I am joking.

Just to fill you in, we have a big problem with people shooting deer out of season and cutting the heads off them :mad: so we have to be very carefull who finds out where they big boy are!! I know they would shoot these for sure.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Awesome Bucks!!

Keep us posted on how your season pans out. :tongue:

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
LeEarl said:
Just to fill you in, we have a big problem with people shooting deer out of season and cutting the heads off them :mad: so we have to be very carefull who finds out where they big boy are!! I know they would shoot these for sure.
Really???? Dam shame someone doesnt shoot their sorry ***!!!

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has happened 3 times in the past 2 years clsoe to this area. I have no idea how they keep getting away with it. We have seen 1 of the guys and all he got was a $200 tresspass fine. Go figure :cry:

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
yup

Back where I'm from in KY we have the same problems...Damn poachers.
It's not uncommon to find truck tracks through some bottoms I still own up there and a blood pool at the end of the truck tracks....Everyone knows it happens there since there is a little gravel county road that splits the property but nothing has ever been done about it.
When I was still living in KY I talked to the local Game Warden about it a few times but that was useless...No one ever gets caught poaching around there but you better not go fishing in a farm pond or a local creek without a license or he'll be on you like stink on sh.. well, poo.
I've told a few guys around there that I know who poach alot that I better not catch them on my land anymore or someone would be going to the hospital and it wouldnt be me. So the one idiot took that as "Ok, I cant spotlight there anymore, but I can still hunt on his land without permission"
I only caught him doing that when I shot a 10point in rifle season one afternoon and on the way to the truck I heard another shot on another part of the farm then caught him about 30mins later hauling a big 9 point off of my land in back of his buddies truck....That wasnt a pretty scene that afternoon...As my old Marine Corp Master Ser. buddy use to say "Someone was about to get dirty!!!"

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
WHO HOO man that is my TEAM MATE, don't you guy's wish you would have given up earlier? Guess you gotta just settle for last place now. HAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts