Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I acan say I did not practice last night much:(. We had a huge hail strom and it busted 4 of our windows along with everyone else in the area. We only had one that was busted all the way through, but ther were many places that were not that lucky, some lost every window and all their vinyl siding :(. The temp dropped about 20 degrees when the hail hit, and it lasted about 15 min. I can say I never want to be in a storm like this one agian. Just glad that no one was hurt.

At about 10:30 we finally got most of the inside of the place we are staying cleaned up. I told my wife I was going out to shoot my bow, she just laughed, but I serious. Target by the yard light and bright pins work great for a latenight practice session :D

LeEarl

Attachments

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truck got it pretty bad. Looks like a golf ball on the hood and roof. Maybe that is beacuse the hail was golf ball sized. I went to the insurance today and they did not even look at it. There are so many people that had damage that it is going to be one big claim for them. Maybe now I can finally paint the truck CAMO :D

LeEarl

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Yeah, Release bow pics early again and I will show you more of that.... Muahhaaaa Muahaaaaaa.

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
GRIV said:
Yeah, Release bow pics early again and I will show you more of that.... Muahhaaaa Muahaaaaaa.
ROFLMAO
The Mightly Martin God sends his warning to all!

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks GRIV, I will let everyone here know who to send the cleanup and rebuilding bill to :D. The Cafe next door lost about $30000 in building costs :(, and they just got done remodling this spring. I feel bad for them.

LeEarl

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ouch, that looks bad. All in all, it's a good thing everyone is ok. At least you didn't leave your bow outside!

peashooter

·
Registered
788 Posts
i'm glad everyone is alright,i'm also glad we don't get anything like that over here.i remember seeing a programe with a hail storm like yours,and i wouldn't like to be caught outside with it.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeah, I'll bet every bit of that stuff came from GRIV's medicine bag, LOL. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yea, kinda familiar with the big summer snow. Mom & Dad were visisting a couple of years back and we got baseball sized hail that covered everything. Smashed the hell out of their new car. Some friends got softball sized hail through their roofs into the living room. Whooo baby, that was bad. When they took it to the dealer back in N.C. to get it fixed, the whole dealership stopped everything to come check out the damage. I got my second new roof in 3 years on that one.

Bummer man!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
GRIV, put down the MOJO bag! Don't you think you've done enough? STEP AWAY FROM THE MOJO AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP!

WOW! That looks nasty LeEarl! Hope you made it through o.k. The last town that GRIV hit wasn't so lucky.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,816 Posts
Try a place that does paintless dent repair. You'd be amazed. Much better than pulling, puttying & repainting. My new truck got nailed in a hail storm when it was five days old. Dent wizard came and worked their magic on the truck and now you can't tell there was ever anything wrong at all. Not even a trace. I can't recommend them enough.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh yeah, I did leave my bow out in the hail and it was a complete loss!!!! Insurance will just have to buy a new one. Darn!!

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got $3500 from the insurance company :D Man life is great, but the strom was not :(. Now I can fix the truck myself and buy 2 more bows ;).

LeEarl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts