Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty big low nock tear. I have already moved my nock point over an1/8 in high (its about 1/4 in high right now) and i cannot move my rest down any further because the rest launcher hits the riser shelf. So im stuck. Cams are synced. How do i get rid of it? Shooting a Prodigy with ripcord ace rest

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I just worked through an issue like this with my APA Mamba M34. What are the specifics on your bow and arrow?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i just installed custom threads, brought everything to spec, adjusted cam lean and synced cams. I sm shooting black eagle carnivores 400. Pulling 62 lbs at 28" draw

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Try advancing the top cam
The issue with advancing the top cam is that the draw stops are not adjustable so it will create mush into the back wall. Have you run your setup through a shaft selector program like OT2 or anything? I had to go from a 340 spine to a 300 spine in order to get it resolved.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Nock point 1/4" high.....I would rule out fletching contact first.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The way I figured that I needed a stiffer arrow was by turning my bow down from 72 to 62 pounds and was able to get bullet holes with the nock point level.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nock point 1/4" high.....I would rule out fletching contact first.
Everything looks like i have good clearance. I will double check again

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
start over with your tuning.

make sure tiller is even
make sure cams hit at the same time or just slightly advanced
get arrow through berger hole
get arrow level-1/8 bubble high

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
My arrow runs a ful 3/8" above the berger holes on my two Bowtechs without any tuning issues. While I like my arrows to run through the bergers, with QADs I find it sometimes hard to to without the launcher slamming hard on the shelf.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i "retuned" everything and still getting same results

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Fletching contact is certainly a possibility. Clear that first.

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
let someone else shoot the bow to verify it's not a shooter induced issue.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fletching clears. I did the lipstick on the vanes trick. Im not showing any color rub off

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
timing of the rest off?
Maybe getting some bounce back from the falling rest?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
BE Carnivores have had recent issues with the "double lock" Bohning nocks...change nocks and change tuning arrows and see if results vary...just a thought since most other suggestions are covered above...Good luck. BTW, BE is aware of this issue and recently went back to shipping arrows with their own nock installed instead of the Bohning nock they were using

1 - 20 of 25 Posts