Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local hunt club has been brought up on charges of drugs, alcohol violations and gambling.

Bummer to think that there were not more constructive ways to pass the time when hunting season is not in. Or worse yet, that drugs and alcohol were being abused while weapons were being handled.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
By-Laws

No one likes to hear a club of any kind with problems like that. Apparently the club isn't that organized. Most organized clubs have established By-Laws prohibiting that sort of activity.

Once again. Too bad. r302:embara:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
A local hunt club has been brought up on charges of drugs, alcohol violations and gambling.

Bummer to think that there were not more constructive ways to pass the time when hunting season is not in. Or worse yet, that drugs and alcohol were being abused while weapons were being handled.
i'm curious to know how a club can be brought up on charges? you can charge individuals who happen to be involved in the club, but it's not the entire clubs members that are involved.
i hope they do what's right and kick everyone out of the club that was involved and keep the outstanding members there to take care of the organization.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Maybe the entire club membership is involved.
We serve alcohol and play games of chance at our club periodically. All on the up and up. The proper licencing is required of course.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
inflation

You really need to be careful how You judge when You hear something like this. Those are very broad charges. The gambling one is bogus as people should be able to do as they damn well please with their money. The alcohol charge could be anything from something as minor as drinking outside.. The drugs...Well, it could be selling. It is a damn shame too that people have to sneak around the law to purchase something that they CHOOSE to use. And it is a super shame that the profiteers of those sales don't have to PAY TAXES!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
i was really worried, A Hunt Club is the name of the local strip club here in Fort Collins, Colorado USA. Not sure what i'd do if they close that down, but in all seriousness that sucks nobody likes to hear that.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will post the link a little later. Ok I meant the people were charged. And the gambling were not bogus charges because they had machines running there. They didn't say what kind but they were ticketing machines and were giving away gas cards I guess for prizes. You have to have the proper licenses for that kind of stuff.

It did not specify what the alcohol charges were just that they were citing them saw the machines, went back undercover and played them. The drug charges were for selling.

CRdande, I will have to look further into it. The paper said a hunt club. We have several around here. I have never known a business to be named Hunt Club, but now I'm curious. hmm how bad will I feel if it's a strip club and not A HUNT CLUB. Oy will check that out thanks for bringing that up. Dont worry it's not in your town so if it is one it wont impose on your fun lol. ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
So what you're saying is, there's some property in Ohio needing a new hunting club! What county? How many acres?:D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Heh

That would of been confusing to read that.

Here is a link to the "Club" they are talking about. It has the address to the place in the article, and it matches up with the address on the Hunt CLub. Seems to be a bowling alley. Pretty misleading name, I would of probably though the same as the OP.

Hunt Club Website

News Article

Our local bowling alley had to remove a "similar" machine this year. This one paid out quarters, one of those slider type machines where you drop a quarter in.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Lol.......

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
LOL... The Hunt Club is actually 2 buildings side by side, one side is a bowling alley and the other side is a bar, it was in the local paper this morning.

·
NASP instructor
4,466 Posts
That would of been confusing to read that.

Here is a link to the "Club" they are talking about. It has the address to the place in the article, and it matches up with the address on the Hunt CLub. Seems to be a bowling alley. Pretty misleading name, I would of probably though the same as the OP.

Hunt Club Website

News Article

Our local bowling alley had to remove a "similar" machine this year. This one paid out quarters, one of those slider type machines where you drop a quarter in.
It is a local bowling alley in Salem, OH... Not a "hunting club".... Buckeye_girl needs to read a little more into the story I think...;):darkbeer:

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
That's unfortunate to hear, but sounds like someone rat'd them out:darkbeer:

·
SuperToon'd
11,542 Posts
hahahahahahahaha..............quite a mix up. Like some of the bars in my hometown . The Late Night Library or the Warehouse or the Office Lounge.........:darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
i'm curious to know how a club can be brought up on charges? you can charge individuals who happen to be involved in the club, but it's not the entire clubs members that are involved.
i hope they do what's right and kick everyone out of the club that was involved and keep the outstanding members there to take care of the organization.
The Club's ownership and or partcipating members can all be charged because of the association. It's not uncommon for groups to be charged all under one case. How it was done really depends on the investigation and what information investigators had.

·
Registered
600 Posts
So what, hypothetically, is the downside to the concept of people dumb enough to be inebriated or stoned to be allowed to play with sharp objects and things that can hurt themselves at the club.

Maybe Darwin is staging a comeback?

·
Registered
15,338 Posts
omg laughing my butt off! This has to go in the classics section!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts