Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to book a hunt next year, elk is kinda what im thinking. Where could a fella find a outfitter with a high chance at a oppurtunity with a bow at a decent size bull elk, 4000 dollars give or take for the outfitter, logging, guides food everything provided.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
people are insistent in saying you get what you pay for regarding a guided hunt. my friend is going next year and he is looking to spend around 5 grand not including tip. he's looking into new Mexico and Wyoming. sorry i am not sure of the outfitters

·
Born yank raised south
16,992 Posts
Most quality guided Elk Hunts are usually around 5k from the searches I have done. I am sure some could be found for less than that but most I have seen are 5k and up.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
you can find them. i found some for as little as 2 grand this year. with a down economy, the closer you can wait to season opens the better deals you can find. i ended up passing on some great deals this year in order to save for a bigger hunt next year. contact some booking agents and start talking to them to get an idea of what you are looking for. they will represent many different outfitters and you can decide whether you want to do a backcountry hunt, lodge style hunt, public land, private, etc...

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Diy. I thought you needed a guide score on these animals too. Went for the first time last year on public, found some elk, some found me. Didn't score last year, but plan on changing that in a few days.:wink:

·
I learn the hard way.
6,661 Posts
I read the title and thought you were trying to find 4000 male deer..... it's been a long day. :darkbeer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts