Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help setting this sight up. I am shooting a Hoyt Ultratec (03) and am
replacing my Copper John sight with the Hunter Spott Hog. I am as far right adjusted as I can get and Im not even on the target. What can I do to get on the board? Hopefully someone else has experienced this same problem.
Thanks for any help.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Where the sight ring mounts to the sight bracket there is a spacer. Remove it and it will get you to the right a bunch more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lonestar_HOYT said:
I need help setting this sight up. I am shooting a Hoyt Ultratec (03) and am
replacing my Copper John sight with the Hunter Spott Hog. I am as far right adjusted as I can get and Im not even on the target. What can I do to get on the board? Hopefully someone else has experienced this same problem.
Thanks for any help.

I had the same problem out of my CJ Dead Nutts

solution: Add washers to mounting block ( between the riser and mounting block of course) and you will need longer screws to attach it with.

But first make sure that your bow is in specs, the centershot could be off a bit and make it seem that you need more right out of your site. Feel free to PM me with any ?'s you have

Mav

·
Registered
780 Posts
taks the 2 screws that hold the head to the bar out and then you can put the spacer on the other side of the bar to move the head to the right. if you need more up or down then move the head up or down with the same screws.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
oggie2635 said:
taks the 2 screws that hold the head to the bar out and then you can put the spacer on the other side of the bar to move the head to the right. if you need more up or down then move the head up or down with the same screws.
Exactly what Oggie said . . . it should be in the instructions under "rough horizontal adjustment" or something similar.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help. I did take the spacer that came with the sight out and
that still wasnt enough so I put it back but on the other side (between the sight ring and the mounting bracket) that fixed it. I really appreciate everyones help and replys. This site is so AWESOME for this kind of stuff.
Thanks again.....................Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts