Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United's new policy is no antlers. Had to leave our horns in canada. They just started restricting antlers on oct 1. They did not even care that we had bought are tickets in july.

·
Registered
455 Posts
thanks for the info....btw thats a bunch of crap :mad:

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
This is a stupid policy. Outfitters should be warning people about it too.

·
wood scientist
911 Posts
Not sure if this is on the radar for you guys, but this video was a response to one man's issue with United Airlines. It sure doesn't instill confidence that United would take care of your stuff, even if you did choose to fly with them. Take a look at the number of hits this video has and you can imagine that United would love to have this customer to have been satisfied from the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc...7DD11D253&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

·
Registered
316 Posts
All of my travel for work has to be done with United. I travel 8-10 times a year for work and I have not had much luck with United. For personal travel I try to avoid them if at all possible.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Not sure if this is on the radar for you guys, but this video was a response to one man's issue with United Airlines. It sure doesn't instill confidence that United would take care of your stuff, even if you did choose to fly with them. Take a look at the number of hits this video has and you can imagine that United would love to have this customer to have been satisfied from the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc...7DD11D253&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4
:lol3::ROFLMAO::rofl::laugh2:

Great video! I wonder if United has seen this.

·
wood scientist
911 Posts
You bet they have. After some time they begged him to pull this off but he refused. Taylor guitars has paid him back with several guitars for the advertisement.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
They have seen it and I believe they used it in some marketing campaign to try to spin it their way, shwoing some sort of effort on their part to fix the situation. It was on the news a few months back.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great.

I'm not surprised that he got a new guitar.....at a bargain basement rate of $5 per thousand, 6.5 million views is easily worth $30,000+ in advertising.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bow case cost on United

I shoot compound fingers with a Hoyt Provantage with an ATA slightly more than 48 inches. Its case is a modified gun case that is 52 inches long. If I ever have to travel with it (so far only from the east coast to the midwest by car) on an airline it won't be United. They want $175 in extra baggage fees just for the case. Southwest gets $50. I can live with $50. However ... a golf bag with more weight and a larger L+W+H gets an exemption ... no fees ... on most airlines. Go figure! (I know about the marketing rationale here ... it's not related to the weight or the "cube", but toward not pssing off well-off golfers who travel. There are more of them than us unfortunately.)

Ray

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thank God I shoot a takedown recurve. I can pack it and my arrow case in a large suitcase. The airlines are becoming such a joke it no wonder they are going broke.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
only fly Southwest

but still had to replace the plastic bow case I used since it got beat to He^&. I now have a double SKB to haul my bow and my son's bow. The United Breaks Guitars video is classic by the way....

·
Registered
56 Posts
should boycot united, it seems were geting screwed or thrown under the buss by one group or anouther, i live in az and work in ak with 6-8 flights a year and i can guarantee u wont catch me flying united, if they arn't for hunters to hell with 'em they aint the only airline

·
Registered
515 Posts
I only wish i had this guys talent. I had a hugh problem with Ford and i spent 2 years fighting with them to buy back a new truck that broke down on me 17 times in 4 mounths and they refused. After trial they wish they had i won big time. But boy was i pissed off for those 2 years and would love to get my story out like that becouse if anyone new everything about my case they would NEVER buy a Ford again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We had a brand new gun case when we left and after getting there it had 3 dents in it and looked several years old.

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,193 Posts
United's new policy is no antlers. Had to leave our horns in canada. They just started restricting antlers on oct 1. They did not even care that we had bought are tickets in july.
After my last trip the airlines lost my meat for 4 days, I drive now, I done flying for Hunt. If you can get the horns to the post office they will take them with no box, Just tape a lable on them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
While vacationing in Florida I bought a new Omega Seamaster. I wore it on the plane but the box was in my lugage. When we got home someone had been in our luggage and destroyed the box and the papers were lying loose in my suitcase. I called and reported it. Their response was first: we are not responsible for lost or stolen luggage. Then was told since nothing was stolen I have no basis for a claim. I am glad I wore my 2K omega and it wasnt in the box. I drive if at all possible from now on. Airlines suck and customer service is non-existence.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts