1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Press Release
9-10-03

Hunters Boycott Wisconsin Deer Hunt

Attention all media outlets for immediate release.

In lieu of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and The Natural Resources Board decision to implement a more restrictive bait, feed, deer urine ban on a twenty-two county radious we are announcing our call to arms for all hunters to boycot the 2003 gun deer season.

We are a collective group of concerned hunters, landowners, and, wildlife enthusiasts of more than 2,000 as of this release. We are making a stand against the Department after it neglegently targeted citizens' personal choice of game and non-game management.

The ban goes into effect 9-11-03. Ironically this date represents the two year anniversary of the terrorist attacks against our liberties and now the Department of Natural Resources has resorted to its own form of terrorist attacks against outdoors enthusiasts. Bird feeders, scent product users, feed suppliers and even recreational users of wildlife have been targeted.

To date Chronc Wasting Disease has never been found in fifteen of the twenty-two counties listed in the new ban and Bovine Tuberculosis has never been found in Wisconsin's wild whitetailed deer population.

We are encouraging hunters to send their back tags and holders to the Joint Committee on Administration Rules of the state legislature co-chair Representative Grothman 58th Assembly District at P.O. Box 8952 Madison, Wisconsin 53708.

For more information please contact:

Todd Mascaretti Marquette County Conservation Congress vice-chair 920-293-8688 or Concerned Hunters of Wisconsin co-founder Thomas Halverson at 414-257-1526 / 262-567-8257

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.madison.com/captimes/news/stories/47626.php

Hunter: Boycott the DNR
Unhappy with ban on feeding, baiting

By Anita Weier
April 25, 2003

NESHKORO, Wis. - Comparing the state Natural Resources Board to England's King George III, Todd Mascaretti said he's tired of being a colonist subjected to tyranny.

The Marquette County hunting enthusiast is trying to launch a boycott of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, in protest of the board's decision this week to ban baiting and feeding of deer statewide, to double the size of the chronic wasting disease deer kill zone and to allow the DNR to use helicopters in deer hunts if necessary.

Mascaretti - a 35-year-old who is vice chairman for Marquette County in the Wisconsin Conservation Congress - is also angry because the state agency is proposing an increase in hunting and fishing license fees.

But mostly, he's angry because "the DNR is out of control" - in its spending and its actions.

"We want to break the DNR, start from scratch and retake control of our department that is no longer representing the hunting community. We are their subjects," Mascaretti said.

"We are issuing a call to arms to all hunters and fishermen throughout the state for an all-out boycott of the DNR. It's a stop of any support."

That means not buying licenses and not allowing hunting on their properties, he explained. It also means not supporting the DNR with money, volunteerism or assistance in reporting violators of game laws.

"The department has turned on the people funding them," said Mascaretti, who works with the developmentally disabled. "We do not want people shooting from helicopters. They should stop baiting and feeding in the CWD area, not in the rest of the state."

His father, Donald Mascaretti of Racine, is equally upset.

"They are ridiculous," he said of the Natural Resources Board. "They do what they want. Nobody can control the people on that board. They can bait in part of Michigan, so why not in part of Wisconsin?"

He noted that the board rejected an attempt to allow disabled people to bait dear for hunting.

"I've been hunting for 57 years," said the senior Mascaretti, who is 69. "If they use helicopters, I will buy a 10-gauge. I have cancer, but I'll make a believer out of anyone. This is supposed to be a free country."

Both men said the economy of northern Wisconsin has been hurt by the DNR's hunting restrictions.

"A friend from Illinois was going to buy property for turnkey hunting in Marquette County, but he's not. He was coming up for turkey season but he's not," Todd said.

Todd's wife, Trista, 30, said she is a beginning bow hunter not yet confident enough to hunt without using bait.

"How do you get new people when you make it so hard for them?" she said.

Besides the family support, Todd Mascaretti said that several landowners in the area and friends are ready to support the boycott, but that he hopes it will spread statewide.

"This is a grass-roots effort. It will steamroll," he predicted.

·
Custom callmaker
3,461 Posts
Boy you just love to stirr the pot.

Well good luck in getting WI hunters to follow your boycott. You haven't got a clue to what we want.

You take a dated artical about a topic that is now not currently relevant because there is no state wide ban, and you try to make it a reason for your boycott thinking that the person was expressing views that are greater than her own. We have had many polls in Wisconsin Outdoor News and many local papers, and all have had a majority in favor of banned or restrictive baiting.

I am going to leave your way of hunting and raising, to your selves and I ask that if you don't know the real attitude of us, you return the favor.

Enough stirring the pot. This is what makes this issue political. If you do sell bait and minerals, I am sorry, if your worried about your way of life ,and are afraid this a stepping stone to the end of baiting I am sorry. But we have issues that you do not, its in our backyard not yours. Some people will get hurt, someone always does, but I hope we are doing the right thing and I hope the temp, ban last a few years to see if it helps or to give the scientist time to learn the disease. This way we can minimize logical transmission and take a wait and see approach while they discover the transmission and cause.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The debates and discussions are obviously widespread amongst hunters in Wisconsin these days. Here are some comments taken from another forum regarding recent DNR (most disturbing is the eradication of a deer herd, within a 400 sq. mile radius of Mt Horeb) decisions:

Hey, Lee - yeah - here in Wisconsin anyone over 65 can now shoot a crossbow during the archery season. The legislation passed a little over a year ago. It was this debate that was one of the reasons that i did not renew my membership with the radical anti-hunting Wisconsin Bowhunters Association. This group fought this legislation - which i thought was insane - more hunter against "hunter" nonsense. The final straw came when the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association supported the eradication of the entire deer herd in the 400 square mile radius of Mt. Horeb!
(notice how not a single anti-hunting group was there to protest the DNR's attempt to eradicate every deer in a 400 square mile radius - because of a disease that is effecting far less than 2% of that herd, but oh boy - let me or you go out with our longbow and recurve to kill one deer each - and they will throw rocks at us, threaten to kill us, call us murders, etc...)

I have come to the conclusing that ANYONE who is against a form of hunting - ie: cross bows, compounds, recurves, guns, etc... or ANYONE who is against a legal method of hunting - ie: baiting, hunting over water-holes (essentially the same thing as baiting) - hunting out of tree-stands - deer drives - or whatever - IS AN ANTI-HUNTER!!

I know, I know - this is not a "politcally correct" statement in the "traditional" circles - but darn it - any "hunter" who wants to limit the freedoms of other hunters - is not a hunter - at least in the tradition of hunters in what is supposed to be a free country. These "hunters" who think that they are better than everyone else -and want to legislate to everyone else how they should hunt are actually more dangerous than the radical anti-hunting nut cases!! ...........

Lee, and anyone else from Wisconsin - we have a huge battle coming up here - the JCRAR has 30 days to draft legislation - that must then pass the Assembly Natural Resource Committee, then the full Assembly - then the same with the Senate, and then must avoid a veto by the Govenor. Work hard to fight this - if we lose - the radical anti-hunters will win. Join Voices of Wisconsin and fight this power grab by the DNR. Voices of Wisconsin needs donations bad - you see - the DNR has unlimitted funds (TAX DOLLARS) to bring in their "experts" to testify - we need to bring in our own - and we have don't have the tax base to draw from.

And you hunters from other States - pay close attention to what is happening here - cause i know for a fact that your states DNR is watching closely! Make no mistakes - this has nothing to do with Chronic Wasting Disease - this has to do with hunters rights.

Here are the facts - something that the DNR in Wisconsin anyway, chooses to ignore.

1. The is not a shred of credible evidence that this disease is spread by deer to deer contact - in fact -there is much evidence that a lack of certain trace minerals, especially copper are the true cause of this disease. This Sarah Williams in Wyoming, who claims to have proven that CWD is spread orally - and who the DNR keeps holding up as the top expert on CWD in the country is not what she appears - ie: - Here is how she recently "proved" that CWD is spread orally - she took brain tissue from an infected animal and then liquified it and then fed it to a deer - the deer then supposedly got CWD! Next time you are in the woods and see a deer eating liquified brain tissue let me know - and i will take up the cause.

·
Banned
333 Posts
this

is verry interresting. can you find a newer link on the ban on deer pee and lure ?? thanks , sounds like good reading!!!....tool...:) I have already read the other thread!!

·
Custom callmaker
3,461 Posts
Since you all know what is best, what do you think should be done about cwd? Do we just wait it out? They been trying that out west, doen't sound like there winning. Do we limit possible forms of trnsmission from what we now from other ungulant diseases? Would make sense. But I guess we in WI don't have a clue. So since you in Texas has benn farming a nutritional superior herd for decades how should we take care of the problem. Copper I herd about that also but I thought that was still a theory also, but what the heck, why don't you people so concerned over are state pool together funds and by mineral copper and impliment a mineral copper distrabution system for the 1.4 million deer. But before you do that I would want irrefutable facts. For what else would that cause. Maybe to healty a heard or to much mineral is to blame?

·
Registered
63 Posts
What a bunch of babies! They are only hurting themsleves!

One thing I find truly sad is how some "hunters" truly think that there is a battle between the "evil totalitarian Department of Natural Resources" and the poor little hunter! Look, the DNR doens't come to your work and tell you how to do your job (which YOU have been trained to do), so why does everyone else seem so qualified to tell the DNR how to do their job?

It boggles my mind that some people keep crying that there is no evidence, that the DNR is a dictator and doesn't care about hunters and fisherman, that the DNR is full of paranoia and is making decisons based on a whim! How many of these outspoken critics of the DNR even really have a clue about how research works, how wildlife management works, how science works! Simply basing your criticism on the fact that you are upset because you can't bait anymore, and then channeling this criticism into "boycotts" against the DNR is completely rediculous! It makes those so-called hunters look like complete idiots! Because anyone with half a brain that can actually comprehend real scientific evidence would realize there is a very serious threat on our hands, and a very real possibility that baiting contributes to spreading Disease! I swear, ANY wildlife biologist with experience (and just because you have a biology degree does not qualify you as an experienced biologist) will tell you that disease transmission of almost any communicable disease is INCREASED by close contact! Weather of not it is necessarily spread by urine, feces, or saliva... SOMEHOW when animals are in FREQUENT CLOSE CONTACT the disease is being spread... this is what research tells us now (oh, but there is not "one shred of evidence!") That brings up another thing that irks me... those who keep insisting there is "no shred of evidence" just make yourselves look like ignorant fools... there is plenty of scientific evidence that CWD can and is spread from deer to deer... and as stated above, while we don't know for sure how, researchers are working hard at figuring it out! It isn't as instantaneous as using pH paper to tell the acidity of a solution, so we must be patient!

One other thing that really bothers me is the accusation that the WI DNR went off half-cocked, with no basis whatsoever, and just decided on their own to kill all the deer and intentionally make enemies with the very people they depend on for funds... hunters.

Can't some people take just a moment and look at the bigger picture than their 50# cornpile in front of them? What's in it for the DNR to take such radical steps if they really didn't believe they were the right ones? Most of the DNR are not a bunch of looney tree-huggers... they are professionals who truly understand the importance of hunting in wildlife management! What it appears to me is the majority of hunters crying about the DNR and how they can't bait just don't understand the importance of wildlife management... all they care about is "their" deer and being able to shoot "their deer"... seems a little selfish to me.

Not to mention, what most blowhard critics of the DNR don't even have a clue about is as soon as CWD was found, the WI DNR began consulting with wildlife officials and biologists from Colorado and other states where CWD has been for awhile and asked "WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENT? HOW WOULD YOU HAVE HANDLED CWD KNOWING WHAT YOU KNOW NOW?" And the result is the current plan by the DNR. To me at least, some of the comments by people on here, and by people you see quoted in articles such as those posted here, make those hunters look like spoiled little babies, and truly shows their ignorance of the true issues and what is at stake! If you can't tell, this really gets me fired up becausde I simply cannot understand this attitude of "Us" versus "them"... its sad because we should all be in this together.

I can understand how some feel this is an "attack" on hunters, that banning baiting is as bad as banning hunting itself. I hear the argument a lot how "don't let THEM take away any of your legal hunting methods!!!!" However, whether someone chooses to hunt with a handmade longbow or compound, on the ground or in a tree, with a pistol or a rifle... really makes no difference on the long-term health of the deer herd, within reason. Of course, there has got to be some balance there, but in the end none of those "legal hunting methods" will have any affect on spreading disease. Artifical baiting and feeding, however, can and do alter the spread of disease more so than if it wasn't allowed... this is a PROVEN FACT for diseases such as TB, and is STRONGLY SUSPECTED TO CONTRBUTE to the spread of CWD... We don't know for sure, but hunters like Madarchery and me, and the entire scientific community woudl rather be safe than sorry!

If you continue to dismiss the fact that unaturally congregating deer by bait or feed transmitts disease ("there is no proof!"), it just shows you havn't done your homework, and are basing your opinion on your limited knowledge of the subject. Since CWD IS a disease, and all the current research shows it IN ALL PROBABILTY the transmision is encouraged through close contact... wouldn't it make sense to temporarily prohibit the practice until more is known?

I am about as passionate of a hunter and fisherman as you could get. I care about the future of hunting. I care about healthy deer for my kids and grandkids to be able to hunt. I trust the wildlife professionals to make the right decisions. I DON'T trust the politicians in Madison to make the right decisions. Yeah, great idea... send in your backtags to the legislators to show your protest to the DNR... that's a GREAT idea. Lets let politicans make wildlife decisions from now on... heck, lets just get rid of the DNR all together! We don't need the DNR, we don't need regulations! Rape and Pillage! Keep all the fish you want! Kill all the deer you want... it will be like the good ol days of market hunting! After all, the DNR just wants to take away our god-given rights to hunt and fish, don't they? They don't care about us... in fact, I bet they sit around all day and dream up ways to piss off the hunters and fisherman! So lets take them out of the equation, and let the politicans run the show! Yeah, that would be great!

I mean come on, we all know the DNR is no perfect...nobody is. Yes, they make mistakes. yes, maybe they overreact sometimes... but is is only because they are just as passionate about preserving what they've dedicated their lives too as we are about spending time in the woods. They are not against hunters... hell, most of the guys and gals in the wildlife division are hunters themselves! I just wish some people could step above their own selfish interest and support the DNR and work together to find a solution to this mess!

If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the problem!

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Urine Ban

Gee I hope they dont make it illegal to Pee from your tree stand up there

Hee Hee

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parbo said:
The debates and discussions are obviously widespread amongst hunters in Wisconsin these days. Here are some comments taken from another forum regarding recent DNR (most disturbing is the eradication of a deer herd, within a 400 sq. mile radius of Mt Horeb) decisions:

Hey, Lee - yeah - here in Wisconsin anyone over 65 can now shoot a crossbow during the archery season. The legislation passed a little over a year ago. It was this debate that was one of the reasons that i did not renew my membership with the radical anti-hunting Wisconsin Bowhunters Association. This group fought this legislation - which i thought was insane - more hunter against "hunter" nonsense. The final straw came when the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association supported the eradication of the entire deer herd in the 400 square mile radius of Mt. Horeb!
(notice how not a single anti-hunting group was there to protest the DNR's attempt to eradicate every deer in a 400 square mile radius - because of a disease that is effecting far less than 2% of that herd, but oh boy - let me or you go out with our longbow and recurve to kill one deer each - and they will throw rocks at us, threaten to kill us, call us murders, etc...)

I have come to the conclusing that ANYONE who is against a form of hunting - ie: cross bows, compounds, recurves, guns, etc... or ANYONE who is against a legal method of hunting - ie: baiting, hunting over water-holes (essentially the same thing as baiting) - hunting out of tree-stands - deer drives - or whatever - IS AN ANTI-HUNTER!!

I know, I know - this is not a "politcally correct" statement in the "traditional" circles - but darn it - any "hunter" who wants to limit the freedoms of other hunters - is not a hunter - at least in the tradition of hunters in what is supposed to be a free country. These "hunters" who think that they are better than everyone else -and want to legislate to everyone else how they should hunt are actually more dangerous than the radical anti-hunting nut cases!! ...........

Lee, and anyone else from Wisconsin - we have a huge battle coming up here - the JCRAR has 30 days to draft legislation - that must then pass the Assembly Natural Resource Committee, then the full Assembly - then the same with the Senate, and then must avoid a veto by the Govenor. Work hard to fight this - if we lose - the radical anti-hunters will win. Join Voices of Wisconsin and fight this power grab by the DNR. Voices of Wisconsin needs donations bad - you see - the DNR has unlimitted funds (TAX DOLLARS) to bring in their "experts" to testify - we need to bring in our own - and we have don't have the tax base to draw from.

And you hunters from other States - pay close attention to what is happening here - cause i know for a fact that your states DNR is watching closely! Make no mistakes - this has nothing to do with Chronic Wasting Disease - this has to do with hunters rights.

Here are the facts - something that the DNR in Wisconsin anyway, chooses to ignore.

1. The is not a shred of credible evidence that this disease is spread by deer to deer contact - in fact -there is much evidence that a lack of certain trace minerals, especially copper are the true cause of this disease. This Sarah Williams in Wyoming, who claims to have proven that CWD is spread orally - and who the DNR keeps holding up as the top expert on CWD in the country is not what she appears - ie: - Here is how she recently "proved" that CWD is spread orally - she took brain tissue from an infected animal and then liquified it and then fed it to a deer - the deer then supposedly got CWD! Next time you are in the woods and see a deer eating liquified brain tissue let me know - and i will take up the cause.
My God. I have a twin! LOL! Thanks for posting this, Parbo!

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
madarchery said:
Since you all know what is best, what do you think should be done about cwd? Do we just wait it out? They been trying that out west, doen't sound like there winning. Do we limit possible forms of trnsmission from what we now from other ungulant diseases? Would make sense. But I guess we in WI don't have a clue. So since you in Texas has benn farming a nutritional superior herd for decades how should we take care of the problem. Copper I herd about that also but I thought that was still a theory also, but what the heck, why don't you people so concerned over are state pool together funds and by mineral copper and impliment a mineral copper distrabution system for the 1.4 million deer. But before you do that I would want irrefutable facts. For what else would that cause. Maybe to healty a heard or to much mineral is to blame?
Trace copper has been scientifically proven to aid the overall health of whitetail deer. There is a "study" that suggests that trace copper could prevent the further spread of the disease. However, just like the current issue of baiting and urine, I don't think new permanent policy should be mandated just because of that study. We need to know more.

Look, your herd is still less than 2% affected. This is not as big of a deal as some would have you believe. Hysteria is not in order, and neither is anti-hunting policy. Chicken Little has no place here. CWD is a concern, but the sky is not falling.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: What a bunch of babies! They are only hurting themsleves!

UpNorth_hunter said:
One thing I find truly sad is how some "hunters" truly think that there is a battle between the "evil totalitarian Department of Natural Resources" and the poor little hunter! Look, the DNR doens't come to your work and tell you how to do your job (which YOU have been trained to do), so why does everyone else seem so qualified to tell the DNR how to do their job?

It boggles my mind that some people keep crying that there is no evidence, that the DNR is a dictator and doesn't care about hunters and fisherman, that the DNR is full of paranoia and is making decisons based on a whim! How many of these outspoken critics of the DNR even really have a clue about how research works, how wildlife management works, how science works! Simply basing your criticism on the fact that you are upset because you can't bait anymore, and then channeling this criticism into "boycotts" against the DNR is completely rediculous! It makes those so-called hunters look like complete idiots! Because anyone with half a brain that can actually comprehend real scientific evidence would realize there is a very serious threat on our hands, and a very real possibility that baiting contributes to spreading Disease! I swear, ANY wildlife biologist with experience (and just because you have a biology degree does not qualify you as an experienced biologist) will tell you that disease transmission of almost any communicable disease is INCREASED by close contact! Weather of not it is necessarily spread by urine, feces, or saliva... SOMEHOW when animals are in FREQUENT CLOSE CONTACT the disease is being spread... this is what research tells us now (oh, but there is not "one shred of evidence!") That brings up another thing that irks me... those who keep insisting there is "no shred of evidence" just make yourselves look like ignorant fools... there is plenty of scientific evidence that CWD can and is spread from deer to deer... and as stated above, while we don't know for sure how, researchers are working hard at figuring it out! It isn't as instantaneous as using pH paper to tell the acidity of a solution, so we must be patient!

One other thing that really bothers me is the accusation that the WI DNR went off half-cocked, with no basis whatsoever, and just decided on their own to kill all the deer and intentionally make enemies with the very people they depend on for funds... hunters.

Can't some people take just a moment and look at the bigger picture than their 50# cornpile in front of them? What's in it for the DNR to take such radical steps if they really didn't believe they were the right ones? Most of the DNR are not a bunch of looney tree-huggers... they are professionals who truly understand the importance of hunting in wildlife management! What it appears to me is the majority of hunters crying about the DNR and how they can't bait just don't understand the importance of wildlife management... all they care about is "their" deer and being able to shoot "their deer"... seems a little selfish to me.

Not to mention, what most blowhard critics of the DNR don't even have a clue about is as soon as CWD was found, the WI DNR began consulting with wildlife officials and biologists from Colorado and other states where CWD has been for awhile and asked "WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENT? HOW WOULD YOU HAVE HANDLED CWD KNOWING WHAT YOU KNOW NOW?" And the result is the current plan by the DNR. To me at least, some of the comments by people on here, and by people you see quoted in articles such as those posted here, make those hunters look like spoiled little babies, and truly shows their ignorance of the true issues and what is at stake! If you can't tell, this really gets me fired up becausde I simply cannot understand this attitude of "Us" versus "them"... its sad because we should all be in this together.

I can understand how some feel this is an "attack" on hunters, that banning baiting is as bad as banning hunting itself. I hear the argument a lot how "don't let THEM take away any of your legal hunting methods!!!!" However, whether someone chooses to hunt with a handmade longbow or compound, on the ground or in a tree, with a pistol or a rifle... really makes no difference on the long-term health of the deer herd, within reason. Of course, there has got to be some balance there, but in the end none of those "legal hunting methods" will have any affect on spreading disease. Artifical baiting and feeding, however, can and do alter the spread of disease more so than if it wasn't allowed... this is a PROVEN FACT for diseases such as TB, and is STRONGLY SUSPECTED TO CONTRBUTE to the spread of CWD... We don't know for sure, but hunters like Madarchery and me, and the entire scientific community woudl rather be safe than sorry!

If you continue to dismiss the fact that unaturally congregating deer by bait or feed transmitts disease ("there is no proof!"), it just shows you havn't done your homework, and are basing your opinion on your limited knowledge of the subject. Since CWD IS a disease, and all the current research shows it IN ALL PROBABILTY the transmision is encouraged through close contact... wouldn't it make sense to temporarily prohibit the practice until more is known?

I am about as passionate of a hunter and fisherman as you could get. I care about the future of hunting. I care about healthy deer for my kids and grandkids to be able to hunt. I trust the wildlife professionals to make the right decisions. I DON'T trust the politicians in Madison to make the right decisions. Yeah, great idea... send in your backtags to the legislators to show your protest to the DNR... that's a GREAT idea. Lets let politicans make wildlife decisions from now on... heck, lets just get rid of the DNR all together! We don't need the DNR, we don't need regulations! Rape and Pillage! Keep all the fish you want! Kill all the deer you want... it will be like the good ol days of market hunting! After all, the DNR just wants to take away our god-given rights to hunt and fish, don't they? They don't care about us... in fact, I bet they sit around all day and dream up ways to piss off the hunters and fisherman! So lets take them out of the equation, and let the politicans run the show! Yeah, that would be great!

I mean come on, we all know the DNR is no perfect...nobody is. Yes, they make mistakes. yes, maybe they overreact sometimes... but is is only because they are just as passionate about preserving what they've dedicated their lives too as we are about spending time in the woods. They are not against hunters... hell, most of the guys and gals in the wildlife division are hunters themselves! I just wish some people could step above their own selfish interest and support the DNR and work together to find a solution to this mess!

If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the problem!
Since you insist on repeating yourself...

Originally posted be DeerTexas
CWD has not been proven to spread through nose to nose contact. Even if it was, a bait ban does not stop nose to nose contact in wild deer. Also, CWD is not transmitted through urine. Again, even if it was, a scent ban does not stop natural urine in the woods. Therefore, bait and scent bans in the name of slowing or stopping transmission of CWD are simply unfounded on those grounds alone.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
NEW WIS BAN ON Der urine

Say on CNN that the Wisc Dept of Natural Resources in Madison has issued an edit banning deer from urinating in the wild

Henceforthh to stop the Spead of CWD all deer, either sex, must commnece urination into water, a pond, tank, river or body of water.

Wisconsin deer will no longer be allowed to urinate in the woods

Wisc deer also may not urinate off Tree stands either...................etc

News Release Sept 11, 2003 WDNR Office of Public Affairs

·
Custom callmaker
3,461 Posts
African.....

Were do you have a place in a topic were all you have to say is absolute gibberish. We would like to work out our points of veiw but you don't help. If you have absolutly nothing even creditable to say please just read.

I beleive there is a soap site in another section.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Africanbowhunter

LMAO:D Madarchery, don't get mad he's only funnin'.:) In the paper yesterday it said they foud a sick Mulie buck and tested it and it had "The Plauge"!:eek: They have also found 2 cats this summer with it. They say they get it from fleas and that if the fleas bite a human, then they will get it too! Sceeery, huh?:(

·
Registered
63 Posts
CWD has not been proven to spread through nose to nose contact.
Maybe not proven to your liking, but everything is pointing in the direction of "transmission through close asssociate" whether in bodily fluids/secretions or the soil... so why not err on the side of caution?
Even if it was, a bait ban does not stop nose to nose contact in wild deer.
Your right, it won't stop it. But is sure will help to slow it down... why encourage it to spread?
Also, CWD is not transmitted through urine. Again, even if it was, a scent ban does not stop natural urine in the woods.
Please post the studies you have PROVING it is not transmitted through urine.
Therefore, bait and scent bans in the name of slowing or stopping transmission of CWD are simply unfounded on those grounds alone.
Sorry, you fail to support your point "on those grounds alone."

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Re: NEW WIS BAN ON Der urine

Africanbowhunter said:
Say on CNN that the Wisc Dept of Natural Resources in Madison has issued an edit banning deer from urinating in the wild

Henceforthh to stop the Spead of CWD all deer, either sex, must commnece urination into water, a pond, tank, river or body of water.

Wisconsin deer will no longer be allowed to urinate in the woods

Wisc deer also may not urinate off Tree stands either...................etc

News Release Sept 11, 2003 WDNR Office of Public Affairs
IGNORE THE BAN! If somebody walks under your tree, pee on em anyway! Bwaaaaahaha! :D (Just make sure they don't have a badge! :eek: )

·
Custom callmaker
3,461 Posts
african

sorry bout the flamen, wheres my head?

Well since the topics on these issues are going nowhere, lets keep lightening the mood for the weekend. Its opening day tommarow, yeha

A cardiologist died and was given an elaborate funeral. A huge

heart covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the

service.

Following the eulagy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled

inside.

The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart

forever.

At that point, one of the mourners burst into laughter. When all

eyes stared at him, he said, 'I'm sorry, I was just thinking of my

own funeral.....I'm a gynecologist."

And at that point, the proctologist fainted.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts