Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a comforting bit of info, isn't it? Since this current drama, which has been playing out since April 2, 2006, is happening literally in my backyard, and in my hunting grounds, one can certainly tell that I am incredibly POed at this entire fiasco!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212094,00.html

Squirrel season opened on Sept 1, as did the early Canada Goose Season. We are 6 weeks away from the Archery opener, and four weeks away from grouse and rabbit opener.

Methinks it is high time for these inept cops to come off their proverbial "high horse" and turn back the pages of American History to the days of the Wild West, get together with the Sportsmen's organizations, enlist the help of some of the best coyote hunters in the State, temporarily deputize them, form a Posse, get 6 well-trained **** hounds into the woods outfitted with GPS tracking collars, and about 2 dozen coyote hunters armed with .308 and night scopes. Each man carries a GPS tracker unit displaying the position of the dogs, get the dogs on the scent, and hunt this a-hole. When the dogs encircle an area, move in, surround the area, pick him out with thermal imaging, and have at him.

The reward is now up to $225,000.00. Let's make it $500,000.00, Dead or Alive, and get the professionals into the woods. Meaning, the hunters!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I saw where the trooper with the 1 year old died. They could drop the reward, I know plenty of folks that would hunt that dirtbag for free and they could give the money to his victims families.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
doctariAFC said:
This is a comforting bit of info, isn't it? Since this current drama, which has been playing out since April 2, 2006, is happening literally in my backyard, and in my hunting grounds, one can certainly tell that I am incredibly POed at this entire fiasco!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212094,00.html

Squirrel season opened on Sept 1, as did the early Canada Goose Season. We are 6 weeks away from the Archery opener, and four weeks away from grouse and rabbit opener.

Methinks it is high time for these inept cops to come off their proverbial "high horse" and turn back the pages of American History to the days of the Wild West, get together with the Sportsmen's organizations, enlist the help of some of the best coyote hunters in the State, temporarily deputize them, form a Posse, get 6 well-trained **** hounds into the woods outfitted with GPS tracking collars, and about 2 dozen coyote hunters armed with .308 and night scopes. Each man carries a GPS tracker unit displaying the position of the dogs, get the dogs on the scent, and hunt this a-hole. When the dogs encircle an area, move in, surround the area, pick him out with thermal imaging, and have at him.

The reward is now up to $225,000.00. Let's make it $500,000.00, Dead or Alive, and get the professionals into the woods. Meaning, the hunters!
I think that is an awesome idea. However, I know there will be at least one governmental official that will choke over the huge liability that is being taken by NYS allowing "civilians" to pursue a fugitive.

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vermonster13 said:
I saw where the trooper with the 1 year old died. They could drop the reward, I know plenty of folks that would hunt that dirtbag for free and they could give the money to his victims families.
Yeah, it sucks. The kicker is although this convict is the prime suspect, as of right now no hard evidence exists that it was indeed him that did the shooting. A couple months back, a State Trooper shot and killed a kid riding an ATV at a big gathering in Sherman, NY (Chautauqua County), with some reports stating that the troopers believed they had gotten Bucky, but it turned out it was not Bucky. A story then was oushed out that the kid dragged the cop a mile on the ATV before the trooper pulled his service pistol and shot the kid, 4 times, in the back.

I have met the kid's father, who is understandably distraught and very POed. The guy was clearing some trees off my sister's property, and that's how I met the guy, and got some of the story from him.

Well, apparently a rumor, and it is only a rumor (I want to make that clear), that Bucky wasn't the shooter, but perhaps one or two of the family members of the kid that got shot off the ATV. I don't hold much water on that one, but, it could indeed be the perfect act of vengeance, couldn't it? Pop a couple cops out of revenge for killing the kid, and you know Bucky will be the one blamed?

Again, I don't buy iy, but, it does make for very interesting speculation, and underscores some of the challenges involved with this entire fiasco.

What really gets me is why has it taken so bloody long to catch this puke? The VA State Police had a manhunt out for a guy who escaped from prison, shot two guards, etc, and they got him in 2 days! Here we are in September - 5 months now!!! FUBAR.

Time to round up the Posse and get this guy.

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tax Lawyer said:
I think that is an awesome idea. However, I know there will be at least one governmental official that will choke over the huge liability that is being taken by NYS allowing "civilians" to pursue a fugitive.
Yeah, I know. My answer is two-fold.

1 - Who Cares. Let's get the job done.
2 - Cops are just like us, people. However, if they do not know the woods, or are not hunters themselves, they are unqualified to fulfill the task at hand, relying on more dumb-luck than anything else. With the amount of money being spent on overtime for so many agencies, I would think we could end this thing quickly, at far less cost, even factoring in liability, to get the profressionals involved.

Let's all remember this guy Bucky is an escaped felon, a convict, a fugitive. He has no rights whatsoever. He has also added to his list of criminal accomplishments the wounding of oat least one State Trooper in June, and quite probably the wounding and killing of two more troopers last week. HE HAS NO RIGHTS. Take him out with extreme prejudice. If we get him alive, that's a bonus, but the first goal should be to remove this danger to society forthwith, rather than the pandering to ACLU types and debating whether this scumbag still has "rights." He forfeited what rights he may have had left when he escaped from Prison. He definitely tossed any reasonable and unreasonable arguments for playing nice when he shot State Policemen.

GET THE HUNTERS ON HIM, and we'll be enjoying the woods again before the end of the week.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Bucky Is Captured!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts