Grant that I may die at least
As clean as those I killed

Timothy D. Cook
Copyright 1998

·
Registered
387 Posts
nice

hope everyone takes that to heart and into the woods this fall.

Brian

·
Registered
265 Posts
prayer

Yep, it makes sense to me. The invisable guy up in the clouds has lots of spare time on his hands and will see fit to make sure you shoot straight! Wait, he may be busy on the weekends helping all those football players catch footballs and score touchdowns........... I know, I know, I am a heathen and am going to hell. I really don't have any problem with people with different beliefs. I am just really getting tired of all the "in your face" religious statements. I know there are people who visit this web site as I have for years. I have yet to see ANYONE, out of the clear blue, jump on here and rant and rave about how they DON"T beleive in god. If you want to believe, that is fine, just quit ranting about it. I know you find this hard to believe but it actually does offend some people.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad to see that most peop;e that have read this have enjoyed it! :)

When I was just a youngster and wanting to learn how to hunt my Dad and my Uncle Henry taught me that There Is Only One Way To Hunt and That Is: One Shot, One Clean Kill! Otherwise You PASS On The Shot! Everytime I go out to the woods their words and teachings ring in my ears and my heart! This is a lesson I am passing on to my Grandchildren, so the Prayer is appropriate.

You better believe that I will have a copy of this Prayer on my person everytime I go into the woods to hunt; and that I will drop to my knees and recite the prayer!

I also say a prayer after every hunt, even if I have not seen any game. Our Lord and Saviour Deserves to be Thanked for what he has given us; so a beautiful day in the woods or a successful hunt should warrant a Heartfelt Thank You!

Dick

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
great prayer

I'll share this with my sons.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Thanks Richard!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hunters Prayer

Richard, Thanks for posting this prayer. I just made a copy of it, this prayer will be with me on every hunt.
Thanks
Gerry

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Thanks

grandpawrichard - I just wanted to say Thanks for sharing that with us and I sure am glad we have the freedom to read and reply to what post we choose to do so. God Bless and Good Luck Hunting to ALL......GSLAM95

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Great post.
Thanks for sharing, Dick!!

slinger

·
Registered
258 Posts
gona print it out an stick on the lid of my bow case thanks

·
Registered
907 Posts
That is a perfect example to give when someone posts a thread about "what are ethics".

Thanks for sharing!
Jim

·
<<<Aim Small Miss Small
4,991 Posts
grandpawrichard said:
I also say a prayer after every hunt, even if I have not seen any game. Our Lord and Saviour Deserves to be Thanked for what he has given us; so a beautiful day in the woods or a successful hunt should warrant a Heartfelt Thank You!

Dick
Dick, Thanks for reminding me what it's all about. I've lost some focus recently and although I am not a deeply religious person, I do believe in giving Thanks for what I am granted everyday. Anyhow, just wanted to say I appreciated the reminder.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
huntin_addict said:
Dick, Thanks for reminding me what it's all about. I've lost some focus recently and although I am not a deeply religious person, I do believe in giving Thanks for what I am granted everyday. Anyhow, just wanted to say I appreciated the reminder.
You are quite welcome my friend! :) I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the thread and that it means so much to all. :)

The day that I retired from heavy construction inside an oil refinery as I walked out my final time I knelt down and Thanked God for getting me through the Last day and for all the years that he protected me as I worked. Especially in the refineries because I personally knew 5 men that were burned to death at one of the refineries that I was working in. Thank God, I had chose to go home that day due to the Terrible Weather and the Dangers of a refinery that kept loosing power. He sure protected me that day!

Dick

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
God speed my friend and great poem!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts