Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use the vest type HSS harness. Easy and quick to go on and you're done. I took a heavy duty carbiner from another harness I had to use with the HSS which makes it easier to connect. I've not found any cons and will buy another one when this one has outlived it's usefulness.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have one of the new ones there is no pocket for the suspension relief strap. guess i can tape it somewere on the shoulder strap. though it would be handy to have if i fall out . the lady at HSS didnt seem like she cared when i talked to her about it. the old one had pockets on the front

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,212 Posts
I got the new Ultra Lite and used it last year. Works awesome! HSS are one of the best vests out there.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just sold my HSS Treestalker on eBay because I have the HSS Ultra Lite on the way. My tether seemed short so I would recommend getting the rope style tree harness to give you a little extra slack for turning/drawing. I ordered one the same day I ordered my ultra lite so should be getting both soon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've got the HSS pro vest because I wanted some extra pockets. I also have the rope style tree strap and recommend it. I think its easier than the regular strap.
I liked the Ultra Lite when they came out but decided on the pro vest. I recently picked up a Big Game take off of HSS' ultra lite to try out this year. Seems simple enough, has the easy seat belt type buckles and for $25 or $30 you cant beat the price. I'll know soon enough if I really like it or not once the season gets here.

·
NOCK ON!!!
2,886 Posts
IMO the HSS is the most comfortable and easiest safety vest to use!! money well spent in my book!! maybe more expensive that some of the others, but you can't put a price on your life!!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I just got a black HSS Ultra Lite & really like the looks of it. Haven't used it yet, pros would be the buckles. Don't see any cons. I plan on using a carbiner on the tether also for faster hook ups.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I have the pro series and have been happy with it.Some complain about weight and hot in warm temps.I have no issue with either of those.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
I have several of them, awesome vest!! Want leave the ground without it:)

·
Vendor
90,517 Posts
hss makes a great vest...we carry all the vests and are running some specials if you need help or pricing just pm

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have the Pro series and like the pockets. I do find it to be heavy and I have to be carefull to not bang anything against the buckels. Mine is a few years old and I think they have made some improvements on the new ones. I would recomend them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Pro series here also just ordered the rope style tree strap instead of using the one that came with it. Everything about the vest I like though.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I used the HSS Pro Series for a while...it's tough stuff and will do the job! However, it's very heavy. Further, the buckles are heavy, big, cumbersome and rub against your legs and wear on your hunting garments. Recommend looking at any quality harness that does not use the same "car seat" type buckles...perhpas the new ultra light. I switched to the Muddy and really enjoy it...light, quiet and easy, etc., etc. Regardles of the vest you chose, please look at using it with the QSAFE from blindedhunting.com- if you're using a climber that is....you can't go wrong! Good luck.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have and use the Pro Series. I like it and it works well, I have not fallen yet and not planning too. The only thing I have had a ploblem with is if a deer comes in to or get to your hard right (I am right handed) the teather line wont let you swing the way I need to with my bow. That might be my problem???? Its a good system.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I got last years Pro vest... Very easy to put on and lots of pockets. It is a little bulky and heavy. Will be trying the Muddy or the HSS ultra lite xtreme this year.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
i bought an ultra lite extreme and was testing it out this evening by hanging in a tree with it. very happy with it. i use the rope for the tree. this one is set up great for useing the climbing strap and hanging stands. well worth the money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts