Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been using one of the Hunters View climbing stands for the last 2 years and love it. Not sure which one it is, they only have 2 or 3. Just a little on the heavy side if you have to carry it far.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I beleive mine may be the Hawk??? The one you are refering to is probly newer model than mine and lighter. Like I said, I have not complaints about mine and can sit comfortably 4-5 hours, I personally can't sit still longer than that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Hawk climber. No major complaints so far. The one drawback I have found is that the climbing cables are too long and you will have to do some serious tree selecting. I have thought about making a few of my own so I can select smaller diameter trees. The other thing I would improve is the foot restriant system for climbing. Other than that, they are sturdy and pack easily. I replaced the stock backpack straps with padded ones to make it more comfortable due to the weight.

-Chris

·
Registered
786 Posts
I cannot tell you about a Hunter's View Climber, but I bought one of their fixed positions this year, it it was the cheapest built stand I have ever seen. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to stop squeaking. The welds looked pretty poor. It sounds like those that have responded above haven't had any problems with their climbers, but I thought you might want to get a heads up on the problems I had.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My couisin uses the lock on style H.V. and he also has problems with squeaks... go figure....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Hunter's View Razorback lock on and have not had any squeaking problems. The only thing I don't like about it is the seat is not very comfortable. I like it well enough that it is why I started looking at their climbing stands. I did have a guy that told me they recalled all their climbing stands for the last 5 years and that worries me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hawk stand

i have a hawk and it is very nice, the other thing i have found is that if you get rid of the bolts that hold on the straps that go around the tree and replace them with locks you have an immediate theft protection. i bought 4 brinks locks and now you ain't getting it off the tree unless you damage it. i also put camo tape on the locks to stop noise and glare. very nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.