Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
mathews vertix sub alpine,catfish bow strings
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok got a question.our property butts up to another ladys property.that we have known for years.in the early doe season here in MI my father in law saw 6 different bucks that came out of this ladys property.so when i put my stand up I put it as close as I could where they where coming out.thing is is its about a 40 to 45yd shot.I had no other tree that would work to get any closer.I hunted mine a couple times now a twice 2 bucks came out in that 40yd to 45yd spot.thing is is theres a stand about 10yds right on the edge of here property and ours.it is her tree.this stand has been there for about 10-15yrs.so this morning even though i didn't see anything I thought I'm gonna call and ask her if i can sit in that tree.so i did.she said yes and there was here son-in law and son only hunting out there.they have 40acres.she said if I was there and they happen to come out to just tell them that she said it was ok.so i thought cool.now i would like to get up in that stand in the morning.what should I do if the guy is already there or the kid?or if they come while I'm sitting there.I don't want him to get poed.buti know they hunt other stands on the property.gosh!!!:confused: these bucks come out about 10yds from where that stand is.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
Hunter Etiquette 101:

1)Don't crowd other hunters
2)Don't use other hunters stands

Try to overlook the fact that you want these bucks and reverse the roll and see how you would like it if you were the other hunters with that stand you want to hunt. The odds are that this lady has no concept of hunting and what goes into it. Just because these guys have another 40 acres to hunt doesn't mean a thing. That's a pretty small chunk to hunt exclusively. If you are intent on hunting it then definately talk to the other hunters but I would fully expect them to not be receptive to sharing a good spot. There's a reason that stand is likely there. I personnally would leave it alone and stay away but that's just me.

· Registered
154 Posts
If you know them talk to them! If you can not talk to them and they show up to hunt (their) stand! You should get out of it. Remember its their Mothers land. Its better to not cause waves when you are granted the priledge to hunt others property. It also good to remember that to them ( in their mind) it is their land. Mom just has the title to it. Also put your self in thier shoes! What would you do if you found somone in your stand?

· Registered
154 Posts
If you know them talk to them! If you can not talk to them and they show up to hunt (their) stand! You should get out of it. Remember its their Mother-inlaws land. Its better to not cause waves when you are granted the priledge to hunt others property. It also good to remember that to them ( in their mind) it is their land. Mom-inlaw just has the title to it. Also put your self in thier shoes! What would you do if you found somone in your stand? Also get written permission from her.
You could (if legal) put some corn out closer to your stand :wink:
Good luck!

· Registered
14,752 Posts
Don't use other hunters stands unless they tell you it is ok..i know i would be pissed if i found someone in my stand before asking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.