Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is good to hunt all day during the rut, but does anybody have luck hunting all day this time of year?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I hunt all day this time. i use to not hunt that long till i relized on my camras that they are moving during the day more then i thought

·
Registered
124 Posts
deer walk through some of my areas all day this time of year, if they are there i will sit for em

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I see does with fawns really move hard this time of year 11 to 1 in the middle of the day. I don't see mnay bucks doing it though. Everyone of my cameras has does with fawns that move midday early season

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
There were 2 small bucks in one of my pastures today just after noon. Both had stripped velvet & were wearing hardened horn. That just goes to show that you never know when they will be on their feet.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Walked up on a 10,8 and spike while hanging stands at 1230 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
it depends on where you hunt if your hunting pretty close to a bedding area it might be a good idea to sit all day but if your hunting over fields or food plots about the only thing your going to see in mid day is does and maybe some smaller bucks that's my opinion from my experiences.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I sat all day out deer and elk hunting this september. They move quite a bit. I was surprised...

·
Anti Fanboy
42,727 Posts
Depends on your location. There is no way I can stay out all day like I use to out west. The heat and humidity is so bad right now. Suppose to be cooler weather next week.

·
Registered
535 Posts
In the early season I always see the most deer activity start around 10 am and again at sunset. If forced to choose I would rather hunt from 10 to 1 this time of year as opposed to hunting first light. Of course that doesn't mean I won't be sitting in a tree a 1/2 before daylight tomorrow.

If you can stand it (pun intended) then sit all day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
please dont take this as a smart ### reply because it is not intended to be, but it is honestly my thoughts each time I think about if I should hunt through the afternoon or not.

I stand more chance of seeing a deer mid day (anytime of year) than I do if I were home.

:darkbeer:

Scott

·
Registered
530 Posts
I stand more chance of seeing a deer mid day (anytime of year) than I do if I were home.

:darkbeer:

Scott[/QUOTE]

thats why i go in at 430am and wont come out till dark. sometimes i move for the afternoon hunt.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Once the cooler weather comes around I will stay on my stand longer than I am on it now. Here in Wisconsin, during the last 3 weeks, we have had very warm weather and for me it seems deer movement is minimal. They are mostly moving at night when its cooler, and even then, not much is moving. Frustrating for me because I want to stick a doe for the meat and to see how effective my grim reaper broadheds are. Oh well, maybe tonite's the night...

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Now that I have a thermacell I stay in my tree all day. I take leave the first week of season and usually get some doe meat in the freezer.. that way I can focus on bucks when it's time.. Not to worried about seeing horns early on.. if I do I just count myself lucky..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts