Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
Gold Tip Hunter Xt
Victory VAP's
or list your favorite arrow around the same price range
(mostly hunting deer and turkeys)

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,759 Posts
in before the poll, but out of those I PERSONALLY would choose an easton axis just because they are a tad lighter, but the FMJ is a very close second.

·
Ice Cold
11,947 Posts
Just switched to axis..:thumbs_up. Not gonna lie, not a fan of the while HIT though. Probably be deep 6 by fall.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
Vaps because they penetrate so well and they are medium weight so you can keep some speed aswell.next would be the fmj because they just plain hammer everything .

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Maxima Hunter a little pricey but are great arrows but am thinking about going to Gold Tip due to cost and I like the 8 gpi range but don't want a camo wrap arrow anymore.Gonna wait and check out the CX red's that are coming out soon.

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,759 Posts
you could also add beman ice hunter pro. very good lookin arrow, beman always has quality involved (USA made) and its a sharp lookin shaft!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
XT Hunters and Expedition Hunters are the same arrow...just difference straightness factors. Gold Tip Expeditions are cheaper, and I cut them down to 26.5 inches, thereby bettering the straightness factor. About the only advantage of a shorter draw. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fmj

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
you could also add beman ice hunter pro. very good lookin arrow, beman always has quality involved (USA made) and its a sharp lookin shaft!
This. high quality arrows at a good price. Love my bemans and have never had a negative experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I hunted this year with harvest time ht2. Last year I hunted with victory vaps. Stopped because of the aluminum inserts bending. Next year it will be gaps again. Now there are several options that don't weigh 90 grains like before. Killed a lot of animals with that arrow. If you have ot2 software, vaps really seem to give the best results for my carbon element at 29 inch do and 60 lbs dw
!
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

·
Born yank raised south
17,237 Posts
Black eagle rampages are awesome. Best and most consistent arrow I have ever shot. The are a mid weight arrow that has smaller inside and outside diameter. They have the tightest tolerances in the business. There straightness is measured over the whole length of the bare shaft not at 28" like every other manufacturer does. They are inexpensive too and tough as nails.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Id say Easton Axis or FMJs. I switched from regular Axis to Gold Tip, then Bemans, next was Carbon Express, cant find an arrow I like better than the Axis.

·
Yippiee ki-yay
3,602 Posts
Axis for me, I have put those babies through 3/4" plywood (don't ask), pull 'em out and keep on shooting.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts