Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm very new to archery.
I have been researching it for the past few days after trying my friends bow (the original style rather than the modern compound).

My question is more concerning the types of arrows and arrow heads that should be used during hunting. From what I've learned, it seems to be more about causing haemorrhaging.

I have no issues will killing animals, go on regular shoots with friends/family.
but, I don't want the death to be drawn out.

So,
What, from your experience, is the fastest killing arrows that can be used for hunting? (I would like to be hunting deer)

Thanks.

Bradley.

·
The Impartial Archer
19,438 Posts
A well placed one.

·
Registered
18,683 Posts
fixed personally but there are many good mechanical heads as well, keep in mind you may need more tuning skills to get fixed heads flying well.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

Which would you use: Fixed Broadheads or Expandable Broadheads?
If you are using a recurve I would go fixed blade. If you are using a compound you could go with either fixed or mechanical.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Fixed 3 blades have done a decent job for me as well as placing it where it needs to be...Lots of excellent heads out there to choose from.

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

Which would you use: Fixed Broadheads or Expandable Broadheads?
If your going traditional then you may want a cut on contact head fix blade due to the lack of nock down power. you may also want a heavyer arrow because of the better momentum.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
i think being sharp is very important... sharpest blade and only blade that really cut me good were thunderheads. NAP knows how to make a sharp blade, which is good because I stink at sharpening them.

·
Teniente D'Equipo Mongrel
8,193 Posts
Rambo explosive tipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts