Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Dove sensitive skin unscented soap (or similar) in their scent control regime. It would be nice to know you could use this as apposed to the normal bar soap-from an over priced hunting products name brand we use that seems to be getting a little bit hard to find. I'm not looking to debate weather scent control works but rather if anyone has any technical info like maybe someone knows what all those ingredience are listed on the packaging?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I really hope someone on here can answer your question. I’d love know this as well. ‘Hunting’ soap is ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Back down to ground level
16,093 Posts
Baking soda. 2 bucks for 4lbs at walmart. Even cheaper at costco...around 6 bucks for a 13.5lb bag. Replaces my bath soap, laundry detergent, talc and deodorant. As talc it will hold and neutralize odors when you sweat.

·
Registered
879 Posts
No scientist here by any means, so I can't tell you the particulars. But I have been using that Dove sensitive skin soap for washing my body and hair, for a long time.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I use the Dove uncented bar soap. I buy it in bulk at Costco and use it all year long. It's better than the hunter soaps because it doesn't leave your skin dry.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
I use the blue body wash at the gym......works well, I smell nice after.

:darkbeer:

For my hair I use shaving crème.......:lol:

·
Registered
23,233 Posts
I buy a three-bar pack of unscented soap at the local Dollar General store just before hunting season and it lasts me all season. Costs less than $3 and is good as anything else I have used. I would be interested in hearing if the Dove sensitive skin version works out and what the cost is in comparison to what I have been using the past couple years.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,226 Posts
Unscented soap...then I sometimes use the unscented baby wipes with added Hydrogen peroxide [/14 cup in a pack] in some strategic areas. kills the bacteria that causes odor.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Dove men’s+ care has been good for me. I smell nice and the moisturizer makes my skin feel good. The wind handles the “scent free” part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet that Heisenberg dude from Breaking Bad could figure it out

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use the blue body wash at the gym......works well, I smell nice after.

:darkbeer:

For my hair I use shaving crème.......:lol:
I was wondering who was drinking all the blue body wash

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
I use Ivory soap and for killing the bacteria that causes odor I use a mixture of half water and half White Vinegar in a spray bottle on all my upper body, usually just spray it in my hand and rub it on (neck down to waist). The Vinegar smell will only last a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My wife washes our toddler and his clothes with castile unscented soap , its all natural . I started washing with it this year as well as my hunting clothes

·
Full-time Dork
2,195 Posts
I do use the dove also. It works. The real difference in ‘hunters soap’ is the fact that it’s active ingredient is an Antibacterial which isn’t necessarily a good thing, considering that it will also kill the good bacteria on your skin too leaving a bit more susceptible to possible sicknesses.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Another dove guy here, and Sure unscented ainti perspirant. Need to get some baking soda for boot powder & "down under" to try out..

·
Registered
11,400 Posts
Does anyone use Dove sensitive skin unscented soap (or similar) in their scent control regime. It would be nice to know you could use this as apposed to the normal bar soap-from an over priced hunting products name brand we use that seems to be getting a little bit hard to find. I'm not looking to debate weather scent control works but rather if anyone has any technical info like maybe someone knows what all those ingredience are listed on the packaging?
dr bronners, I use their unscented baby soap. awesome stuff, leaves zero residue.

I use it all year, besides great scent free soap, it's just good soap.

search "dr bronners castile soap" and you will have lots of buying options, and can read up on it. I buy it by big bottles, I go through about 3 per year, and its about 12 bucks a bottle. if I only used it for hunting, one bottle would get ,me by.

·
Registered
11,400 Posts
Another dove guy here, and Sure unscented ainti perspirant. Need to get some baking soda for boot powder & "down under" to try out..
baking soda in boots is an awesome tip. I started a couple years ago. so cheap and effective!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Dove unscented here as well, I buy the generic miejer brand when they have buy one get one works well, been using for a couple years.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, I didn't even know about the Sure anti perspirant; I'll be trying that for sure.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts