Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you take your young ones out hunting with you? I have a couple of young ones and it doesn't give me much time in the woods anymore because I am always watching them. My question is. Do any of you take a ground blind out with the kids to hunt from and have you had any success. What kind of a blind works the best? To be honest I am not even sure if ground blinds are legal in Pa. Maybe I should check on that first.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have started taking my 5 year old some this year. We use an Ameristep Brickhouse blind. It can be very frustrating at times but wife is more willing to let me out of the house when I take one of the kids. I take food for him and he has done pretty good.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
that is one of the best things about ground blinds. I take people with me lots of times. My wife, friend, kids.

I dont know why they wouldnt be legal.

I strongly suggest buying a double bull over the other brands. They are by far the best.

The kids can take games, snacks, comic books, etc.

rick

·
Registered
Bowtech baby!!
5,702 Posts
If my three year old son wouldn't screech when he spots game he'd go more often. He's pretty good tho' Its a learning curve. Worth the trouble I'd say

CWG

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll give it a try Tuesday afternoon. The deer have been coming to this solo apple tree in the middle of the woods near my house. So maybe I'll set up and try and catch em coming or going. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.