Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys think is the best archery boot to use for hardcore hiking/hunting? What socks do you use for the purpose?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was wearing some el cheapo red head boots and under armor socks two weeks ago. The boots did okay, the socks suck. For colder weather, you can't beat the Bass Pro Ultimate socks. They rule.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Hanwag gtx and underarmour socks worked great for me.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Kennetrek Mtn Extremes! They're so good I wear them barefoot! Well, not really but probably could!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Meindl Canada and Smart wool socks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I needed a lightweight boot with no insulation and picked up the Under Armour Speed Freek Hunting Boots. I didn't know Under Armour was in the boot business and thus didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised. I have only worn them about a week so I can’t speak to their longevity – but they have worked great for me so far. For socks i wear liners or smart wool depending on temp.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I have been using the bps ultimate sock the last few years and it has worked out well for me. They've maintained elasticity through quite a few uses/washes...keep my feet warm in cold weather and dry during warm. Can't complain about them...as for boots I usually wear danner or muck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The best hardcore hiking/hunting boots.....My list would start and basically end with Lowa,Kenetrek,Zamberlain and Meindl. My personal favorites being Lowa's...
I'm all about smartwool socks for hunting, weight matched to temps.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lowa and smartwool here, with an honourable mention to BPS lifetime socks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kennetrek Mtn Extremes! They're so good I wear them barefoot! Well, not really but probably could!
Definately. I had picked up some Under Armour boots (Ridge Reaper), wore them around at home for a few hours and hated them, big and buulky, even though they are light. Brought them back and upgraded to a pair of Kenetrek Mtn Extremes. Since have put some pretty good mileage on them in all sorts of terrain and love them. The steel lug sole is absolutely amazing and crappy terrain!

·
Registered
622 Posts
This is the western section, its ok to ask
The same question!

Search function doesnt always work the best
The reason the search function sux on this site is due to the amount of redundant threads such as this, never been on a site where it is tolerated so much as this one. With that said, searching will pull enough threads that all his questions will be answered. Just an archer trying to help another archer out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts