Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned my tru glo sight today. I liked it alright but it was hard to adjust the pins accurately and the pins were too big for my liking. I want a new sight that is easy to adjust accurately and cost less than $120. It will only be used for hunting. What are you suggestions?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I see alot of these posts and Sword and Spott Hogg are 80% of the answers. I use a fuse intrepid sight and it is a good sight. I will probably get a Sword when I replace my setup.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Trophy Ridge Rhino 3-pin
If your not worried what someone else will think and you dont mind changing a few things(you'll have to switch things around a little). Indoors the fiber optics stink and with the sight being turned upside down you'll have to remove the fibers from around the housing and bring them "Up Top" to catch more light. Outside it's intensely bright this way with no added fiber.
The benefit is an unobstructed view of the underside, front leg, and chest area of a whitetail.
You'll see exactly where your aiming with minimum visual restrictions and still have a pin gaurded sight.

Looked on Cabelas and the new ones have these adaptations done and the price is under $100.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Black Gold! They make solid sights that work great for hunting

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I had never heard of Sword sights but I got one on a package deal here on AT. I had fully intended to trade it off for a Spott Hogg............until I got it. Wow what an excellent sight. I have the Twilight Hunter camo with the .019 pins. The pins appear much smaller than .019 and very bright.

Here's mine.......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'll probably end up going with the twilight hunter. Any suggestions on where to buy it?

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,982 Posts
Do yourself a favor and look at the XR sight by G5. Especially if you practice regularly at longer ranges. It has three fixed pins and a fourth pin that floats independantly of the other 3 and can be dialed in out to 100. Great sight and I love it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just bought a Copper John widow maker sight. So for, I really like it. It is way brighter than I thought it would be. Very easy to adjust both gang and pin, I had it sighted in at 20 yards in 4 shots.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
pro hunter micro. bass pro or cabelas has em. $50 best hunting sight I have ever used, ever.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Black Gold! They make solid sights that work great for hunting
+1
I have the 4 pin Flashpoint in camo and I love this sight. I bought a new bow last year and my budget was about the same so I did a lot of research and so far am very pleased with this sight. It is very bright in low light conditions but adjust when it gets brighter so you don't get any glare. I found mine for about $80 on ebay.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just goy my Sword Twilight Hunter in yesterday. I've not got my bow setup yet, so haven't shot with it. First impression was wow! I wanted .10 pins, but the .19's are so small I wouldn't want any smaller. I'm very impressed thus far, I'm sure I'll love the sight. Mine was right at $100 from Scottie/PA.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=689406

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,475 Posts
x10

sword twilight hunter
Awesome sight - you can get them customized with Birght or FitzFiber and in doing so sends the sight to the top. Super bright, rugged sight that can easily withstand the rigor of season after season. I have another on the way. Try it, you'll like it.

Go with ScottiePA he's a great guy to deal with, best prices...and you're supporting AT at the same time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts