Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did a search on AT but I'm still looking for more suggestions on the best hunting sling for my Triax? The Primos has been mentioned, but is anyone using the Tarantula Bow Sling . . . just looking for more options.

Thanks,

Two Flints

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just picked up a Bonewhacker sling at Total Archery Challenge. It is small, lightweight, and easy to get out of the way and shoot with it attached. I tried damn near every sling I could and wanted something to go from shoulder to shooting fairly fast, this sling did it. Another plus for me was that it is 100% handmade by veterans. I think its called the My Sling-a-ling. Bonewhacker.com

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Love my Primos... full cam and string protection.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
yup...primos is hard to beat
low cost and protects strings and cams...

·
Vendor
25,429 Posts
This really depends on what type of hunting you do. If you want a sling to protect your wheels and string a Primos will work well. If you want a sling that keeps your bow in a ready hunting position, ya might consider the Third Hand Archey Kentucky bow carrier. One hand to attach the bow as well as to take the bow off. Watch the 3 minute video and you may be surprised at what a $20 sling will do.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
After 10 days of hunting/hiking in Colorado with the Primos sling, my strings looked like they'd had 80 grit sandpaper applied.
They got so bad, I had to start rubbing them with chapstick.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
After 10 days of hunting/hiking in Colorado with the Primos sling, my strings looked like they'd had 80 grit sandpaper applied.
Never had an issue like that. Carried my bow around for 9 days hunting speedgoats in 100° heat with no damage.... hmmmm

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
I have the Primos, works well but I dont use it anymore. Its just one more thing to hang in the tree and monkey with when you get in the stand. Plus I dont like carrying it via the sling, Ive heard to many stories of people almost getting a shot walking to or from their spot and you need to quickly nock and arrow to shoot.

·
Vendor
25,429 Posts
I have the Primos, works well but I dont use it anymore. Its just one more thing to hang in the tree and monkey with when you get in the stand. Plus I dont like carrying it via the sling, Ive heard to many stories of people almost getting a shot walking to or from their spot and you need to quickly nock and arrow to shoot.
This is the main reason we make the Ky bow carrier. At 20 seconds into the video it shows how easy to remove from the hip clip. Lift with 4 fingers and push down with the thumb. One hand on, and one hand off. Quick, quiet, very little movement.:secret:

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
I use to do the same thing.... until a small stick/twig got caught between my string and cam from walking through the timber. I drew back on a nice buck and rolled the string right off the cam. Just sat there in disbelief watching him feed in front of me for a good 45min.
I've walked up on deer (2-3 times in 30yrs) wishing I could have been ready, but I encounter many more while on stand.
Just sharing my experiences is all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts