Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you members or have formed hunting clubs? I'm in the process of purchasing a parcel of land with a few friends and we would like to sheld the property from being seen as equity, or being repo'd by the bank if any of the owners got into financial trouble, or divorced.

I was wondering about forming a club that actually owns the land, and the members of the club "buy in" to the club (in essence paying for the land). Dues cover taxes etc.

Anyone know of a good place to start? What rules do you include? Is it something standard a Lawyer can draft? Any help will be appreciated.

Bo

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If the club is going to own the property then for everyone's protection it must be incorporated with officers listed. The rules need to be strict and non-negotiable otherwise someone will bend them ...thats human nature. And you need liability insurance because someone will trespass and if they get hurt you will need that insurance. In your corporation it to protect the bank from repoing it if someone gets into financial trouble or divorced. ... The club owns it......not the members if a member drops out he loses all his investment unless otherwise written into rules of incorporation. It all needs to be legal otherwise in a death or divorce the ex-wife or heir can cause you alot of problems. Talk to a real estate lawyer he can guide you in the right direction and whatever money spent now will be money saved in the future. YOur state laws will also dictate right of survivorship because if you die do you want your heirs to have a part? Also look at credit life on the original members, a part may go to a wife or heir but you won't have to worry about being short of payments if some thing happens to someone. Have I got you confused and ready to wring my neck yet?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
How about including responsibility for camp preparations and cooking? I have been around groups where a select few end up cooking and cleaning up for everyone. You gotta have friends that will participate and let everyone do their own thing. Kildog, this includes sharing the tators.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks for bringing that up arkie!!!! There is a few that no longer beong to the camp that needed to hear that!! and heed it!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Guys,

I would like to hear about those guys that got "kicked" out of the deer club because of their lack of participation and their thinking that they had everyone fooled.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any Templates

Does anyone know of any templates or by-law lists that I can see to get an idea?

Bo

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Stock Ownership

If members s own shares( stock ceetificates) its impossible to kick them out

Rulkes should eb inthe club not inth incorporation papers

I have belong to many club over the year all l were good

they guys that control the most stock set the rules and screen members

I bough sahre ina aclub 12 year ago for $3500 and sold last month for $6000 oen share of stock

TINK

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sounds like AB has been there and has some good advice, I was just going be what my lawyer had told me.....My last advice is listen to what everyone has to say then go talk to a lawyer..have it all done legally and filed. That way you can protect your personal assests from trouble down the road

1 - 8 of 8 Posts