Archery Talk Forum banner

!!!! Hunting contest participants!!!!

443 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  HOKIEHUNTER07
I'd like to propose a new rule for next years hunting contest:

In addition to the 1 buck / 1 doe rule I think we should have a rule that says you get 20 additional points for your team if you take a kid hunting and they connect on either a buck or doe.

Now just to let you know I'm 24 with no kids, brothers or sisters that fit the description, and no really young people that I know that are interested in hunting. I'm not doing this for a shoe-in 20 points for my team, but I just think this rule would get a lot of us just a bit more motivated to go find a kid to take hunting.

Let me know what you all think!
Hokie
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Good Idea

· Registered
759 Posts
Sounds really good. What about if you take someone new to hunting out and they get a kill. Most of us get our children involved at the right age, i mean thats how must of us got into hunting. We should try to get people outside our family into hunting. New blood!!!

· Team 32
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds really good. What about if you take someone new to hunting out and they get a kill. Most of us get our children involved at the right age, i mean thats how must of us got into hunting. We should try to get people outside our family into hunting. New blood!!!
This would be great too. I'm trying to get my finace her first deer this year. Her brother has expressed some interest (kid is 6-10... he'd have a heck of a draw length!!!). I have a bunch of folks I work with and around town that have asked me to take them (dont really have anywhere but public land).

I just went the kid route and only 20 points b/c it's a lot easier to prove someone is a kid than just an adult. We could probably set the age at 14 or 15 or something like that.

Anyways just an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.