Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gutted a buck for a buddy this past week, brought my knife but he told me to use a new one he just picked up. It was a SOG Seal Team Elite and was pretty awesome. Had a nice weight in the hand and was real sharp. Might have to pick one up.

What all are you guys using for a hunting knife?

· Registered
3,294 Posts
Buck 110. Best deer knife ever. I've bought something new to replace it about 20 times, all those others sit in a drawer now.

If I forgot it, I have a Case Cheetah what works in a pinch

· Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm using a cutco that I got as a gift from my uncle. Its super sharp and has great balance. It just feels awesome in your hands. Not a cheap knife though.
Cutco's are very nice knives. Like you said though, expensive. My wife bought us a kitchen set and a Ka-Bar for me during Christmas a few years back. Talk about a nice USA made knife.

· Registered
401 Posts
Well I usually my case xxx the big model they my grandpa gave me, or my old timer.. I have the outdoor edge flip n blaze that's very good I carry that one and my old timer when deer hunting both are excellent

· Registered
401 Posts
I have a lot of knifes but that's the three I always go back to. I tried buck knifes but personally they don't hold a edge very good. I sharpened my own knifes own a stone if anything I can make them hold a very sharp edge for a while

· Registered
183 Posts
I have many knives, some are nice custom made. When I'm just field dressing I bring a Mora companion or 2. You can get them razor sharp, and they touch up easy. The plastic sheaths are great for putting your dirty knives in, they wash easily. And if you leave one in the woods, no big deal.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.