Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set up a blind and have never really hunted deer from one. It's an Ameristep Doghouse. My question to you guys is, do you put any masking scent or anything else that you might add to the blind? I also will be wearing black clothes and head net. I just don't want to screw this up because I have some very good bucks coming to my tripod feeder. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I like to set mine up a few days in advance on my farm and let it air out. Than I will carry it to where im huntingset it up and leave it. I do spray mine down after I set it up. I also put some branches and stuff around in and make sure I have good cover behind me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like to set mine up a few days in advance on my farm and let it air out. Than I will carry it to where im huntingset it up and leave it. I do spray mine down after I set it up. I also put some branches and stuff around in and make sure I have good cover behind me.
It's in a pretty good brushy area put I could add some honey suckle and branches to it to really do the trick. I just set it up an hr ago and it's raining something crazy out there now some I am hoping that my scent should be washed out. Do you use any kind of **** urine around it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
like said above, conceal it well. i have never sprayed my blind down, but i usually have it up early( private land ). i always take cover sent waffers with me, whether in a tree or blind. i usually have a earth sent one hanging in the blind with me, once the deer are comfortable with the blind they will be right next to it and you should have no trouble, good luck

·
Registered
18,473 Posts
Brush the blind in, and use the shoot thru netting if your blind has it. Mature whitetails dont like black holes, or anything on blinds that move or shine. Wearing dark clothes in the blind enables you to disappear in the back ground of the blind. Make sure to keep the back of the blind closed so you dont sillouette yourself. The mesh being down adds to keeping you invisible. Play the wind. A cover scent is ok or a scent eliminator spray. If you are presetting it thou the blind will be scent fee after setting out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts