Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like i'm headed to amesville ohio to do some bowhunting next season....anyones input would be greatly appreciated....

does that area produce some good sized racks....?
is it hilly terrain ?

how about license fees for out of state ( non - res )

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Amesville is a good area for deer. Hilly and dotted with small farms and lots of woodlands. I'm pretty sure thats Athens county.
If you need a place to stay let me know. I've got a house about 20 miles away I'm renting out by the week in deer season.

I think Amesville has a library built with money from coonskins or something like that( they have a small sign up at the edge of town)
It's very small( you could probably drive a golf ball from one end to the other :)
They have 1 cop and the guy will write you a ticket if you even think about going over 35!

Scott

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amesville is a good area for deer. Hilly and dotted with small farms and lots of woodlands. I'm pretty sure thats Athens county.
If you need a place to stay let me know. I've got a house about 20 miles away I'm renting out by the week in deer season.

I think Amesville has a library built with money from coonskins or something like that( they have a small sign up at the edge of town)
It's very small( you could probably drive a golf ball from one end to the other :)
They have 1 cop and the guy will write you a ticket if you even think about going over 35!

Scott
i guess there is a trailer on the property that were going to stay at.....

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
never heard of that town till today.

NR license is over the counter and $125.00, tags are $20.00 each. Allowed 1 buck:wink:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've hunted not far from there. Nice family style restraunt usually got bucks mounted in the showcase. We eat there middle of the day and regroup for the evening hunt. See lots of deer out in the pastures right before and after the town.

How did you decide on there to hunt?
Good decision by the way, lots of deer and some good ones.

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've hunted not far from there. Nice family style restraunt usually got bucks mounted in the showcase. We eat there middle of the day and regroup for the evening hunt. See lots of deer out in the pastures right before and after the town.

How did you decide on there to hunt?
Good decision by the way, lots of deer and some good ones.
an older gentlemen works for the same company that i do and his son has 45 acres there and he keeps inviting me there....theres a trailer on the property....so i think next season i will take him up on the offer....

i'm pumped up,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.