Archery Talk Forum banner

Hunting in the rain

938 10
I am heading out with a buddy in a couple of hours to ground blind hunt, but it is lightly raining here in Warren County, IA. Anyone else going out tonight, and is the rain going to put you off?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Rain makes it quiet and easy to get in and out of, not to mention keeps scent down as well! I love huntin in the rain!

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I wish I was hunting in the rain.:sad: I am at college for the week so can't get out again till Friday. Good luck to you.

· Registered
4,458 Posts
Figured it would make a hard to find blood trail dissapear, haven't tried it so I can't say for sure.

Do deer move much in the rain?
All I know is deer live in that stuff 24/7 and have to move sometime. Just gotta get close to them undetected and be there when they move. I'd say as long as its not a down pour they will move pretty good. Plus if it is overcast they will be a little more prone to move during shooting hours.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Rain makes it quiet and easy to get in and out of, not to mention keeps scent down as well! I love huntin in the rain!
I agree with this young lady.

I shot a nice bull elk this year in a steady rain. I think most animals figure that we hunters are just to soft to deal with a little rain. :embara:

Personally I like to stay out all day..... rain or shine......all the better if it rains

· Registered
1,136 Posts
I've never stayed home because of the rain...

· Registered
451 Posts
Key word is LIGHT rain. Had two friends lose blood trails on nice whitetail bucks this season due to rain washing away blood. Watch the radar and make sure it's not going to rain good over the next 12-24 hours. One of my friends found his 150 class buck several days later, the stink lead him to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.