Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· NAASP
16,039 Posts
new years eve day

I plan on hunting the early afternoon til dark.

It's the last day of bow season. :(

Also the last of pheasant. :( :(

It's not only me that's bummed, but my dog too.

Good luck on the drive. ;)

· NAASP
16,039 Posts
bowhuntin_kid

I might as well be huntin' "foam" at the local VFW tomorrow. :D

Just stepped outside. That wind is steady at 30-40 miles/hour. :eek:

I'll just have to wait and see if the winds change for the better.

· Registered
1,827 Posts
MRYAN said:
I might as well be huntin' "foam" at the local VFW tomorrow. :D

Just stepped outside. That wind is steady at 30-40 miles/hour. :eek:

I'll just have to wait and see if the winds change for the better.

Don't even worry about the wind! Just go out there and the whole time your out there just think of all the poor people that are cooped up in their homes wishing they could hunt! Especially since its the last day!

· NAASP
16,039 Posts
we will see

I will be right in it. But IF it stays in the proper direction. See this is a small urban lot I'll be hunting. Right now, the temp. and wind direction wouldn't bother me. But I believe you guys are sending me some cold overnight along with a directional change. ;)

Was out the other morning and couldn't stand it more than 2 1/2 hours.

I need some new clothes.

***grey wolf**** :D

· Registered
2,556 Posts
Gotta hunt, if I had a tag! My daughter is still hunting. We had snow on the ground yesterday with a light rain. She saw a deer a 35 yds but didn't know what it was. Never did get close enough :eek: . So this morning it's 45 degrees and the snow is almost gone. She said she's going to night. Last year I took a deer on the 31st. We have till the 3rd to hunt.

· Registered
3,190 Posts
Just got back from my Dec. 31 hunt. No luck, but still had fun. Only sat for a couple hours, was windy as heck. Was the first time I had been to my food plot in about 3 weeks, and it looked like someone had ran a mower and then a herd of cattle over it. I know its gettin hit mostly at night though. Have fun folks. 17 more days of season here.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Definitely heading out tomm. we have til the 3rd so it's go time. Goodluck everybody! There are 2 10's that have given me the slip twice now so hopefully I can make something happen.

· Registered
151 Posts
Our bow season goes until Jan. 2. and I have an unfilled bow tag yet (thanks to college) and also an unfilled extended doe season tag. Hope to get out and fill at least one this weekend.

· Registered
468 Posts
deffinatly yes,

today is are last day of bow season, then alls thats left is squirrel season, ive been hunting as hard as i can trying to get a doe with my bow these last couple of weeks, but ive yet to be sucessful, because the deer are very cautious around here after gun season, my hopes arent to high about tonight because i wont be able to get into my stand till 3:30-4:00, hopefully somthin will come buy worth shooting.

chase

· Master Class
8,590 Posts
Was out hunting all day in Pa. in the rain with friends. I thought all the doe in Pa were dead, but we had 22 doe up today. We drove several different places so we weren't seeing the same deer over. Had a chance to wack a nice doe but my freezer is full of mule deer and whitetails. Was just out there having fun and wanted to see how many deer were out there. One nice 8 point was seen by my neighbor other night coming home from work. Gary Alts program hasn't killed all the deer in my area yet, but we still have a couple more weeks to hunt. Theres hardly any feed out there this year and I feel that we should probally leave them alone so they can make it thru the winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.