Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
I like elk!
18,777 Posts
What he is trying to tell you some what nicely is that this thread belongs in the hunting form instead of general archery, most of us dont really care, ho and WELCOME to AT :love:

Poet is the only one that cares, and has told every single person that makes the mistake for the last 10+ years like it’s his life calling.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use a cabelas frame pack for carrying in multiple different lone wolf stands, some climbers, some fixed with climbing sticks, etc.. with clothing on board. I hunt Iowa in November, and the Rockies in September. If I am in the mountains carry 50-60lbs multiple days, if I am in the flatlands carry 25-40lbs for single day. The big deal is finding a pack that fits your body, and is adjustable and configurable. You will find that if you carry in over a mile and different elevations that more support with a frame and adjustable waist/shoulder straps makes a huge difference imo.

·
Registered
24,583 Posts
Sounds like the OP is looking for an add-on pack and not a containment pack for hauling in his climber. I've tried a couple different styles of packs with my Summit Viper, including a Summit fanny type pack that straps on to the platform. They all add weight to the system as well as something to swing or bounce. So this winter I saw a bino pack by Alps on Camofire and bought it, along with a spare rangefinder pouch. The idea is to have my minimalized haul in gear right on my chest instead of added to the stand. It will stay on as I climb and then can be taken off and hung....or even left on during the hunt. I've tried both my Summit and a Cougar Claw climber I bought this winter and the bino pack is no hindrance for the backpack straps or XOP TTS.

·
Registered
Mathews Atlas, Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL, QAD HDX, Conquest Stabs, Black Eagle Rampage Arrows
335 Posts
When I was still hunting with a stand I used any Wally World special that was big enough. The stand did all the work like a pack frame. Now that I hunt from a saddle my backpack requirements changed since it’s hauling the bulk of the gear. I use a Badlands Diablo Dos.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts