Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Do a search on here and you will find some pics. I started a thread a couple months ago and posted pics of a lot of packs on there.

Start with eberlestock, badlands, blacks creeks, kifaru, etc...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Badlands

I use badlands and really like the pack. I have a 2200 and it might be what you need, if not the 2800 would work great. There are alot of great brands out there, if you can get to a place where you can try them on would be awsome. You can check out them at www.badlandspacks.com Good lick with your decision.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Eberlestock X1A1..... it's a great pack and can be used to do an overnight trip. adjustable torso, and padlock straps to add seperate accessory pouches. i'll just throw in that Badlands doesn't offer either of these features:zip:. Eberlestock also has the same great warranty as Badlands and Glen Eberle is a great guy to do business with and he'll do whatever it takes to make his customers happy.

Just a little heads up but you may want to wait and check out the new BLUE WIDOW that Eberlestock will be coming out with around June. it has all the same great features of the J107 only lighter, and it's going to be designed specifically for bowhunters. I'd hold out to see that pack before making any purchases.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Badlands makes the best packs for day hunting or overnight that you can also pack out a quarter of an elk. I really like the 2800. much lighter than the eberlestock packs also. The j105 I had sucked for day hunts because of the extra weight.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dwight Schuh treestand pack by Fieldline from Cabelas. BooCoo room in the main compartment, and a super cool organizer on the front. Comes with a 2liter H2O bladder, 4 mesh external pockets, 2 zip ones. Adjustable waist and sternum straps. Only good for an overnighter, perfect for treestand hunting, but I've put mine through hell and packed ALOT of meat and capes off the mountain. Its nice to have everthing in a stap or pocket, no digging.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
I have had Badlands and Eberlestock, I sold my badlands packs and kept my Eberlestock j105 due to comfort and adjustablility. I also have the Eberlestock X1 and it is a great pack as well.
The hard foam that Badlands uses doesn't do much to pad anything once you get some weight on it, and their shoulder straps are a pain....literally a pain in the shoulder for me.

Each person is different, find someplace you can try them out. Badlands does make a good pack, it just won't fit everybody.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've used most of the major brands. I think all mentioned in this thread are good quality and will serve you well. My favorites are Kifaru and that's what I use most. Having said that, in my opinion, the best bang for your buck is Black's Creek, either Canadian or Alaskan.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Badlands superday and 2200...blacks creek fanny pack...wildthing pack...I all use and are very good at serving my purpose with zero complaints.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.