Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be working in Corpus Christi, TX for a month (mid-Oct to mid-Nov) and will have the weekends off. I am missing the best part of bow season in Ohio and thought I would take advantage of my weekends off and try to get some time in the stand. Any information on local ranches/guides would be much appreciated. I would like to hunt deer, but, if it's too expensive, I would settle for hogs or javelina.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
born and raised in CC....check out the link in my sig and shoot me a PM with any questions. :darkbeer:

you working at one of the plants by chance?

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
you can hunt the Atascosa i believe. it shouldn't be too late. if you're just wanting to hunt hogs, i'd give laguna vista a look. Jed's a great guy and his little mexican helper is alright too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies; I'll definately give them both a look. Obsessed I'll actually be working at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
King ranch but I think there is alot of state land there also. Look in Falfurious area there is two or three there. I'll be expensive. Personlly I wouldn't pay them. Good luke though and hope this helps.

·
Registered
518 Posts
TexasBowhunter.com

Post this question on texasbowhunter dot com. You will find the info you seek there.....

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
Thank you for the replies; I'll definately give them both a look. Obsessed I'll actually be working at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi.
Nice! My grandma retired from there moons ago...

one piece of advice about my home town, LOCK ALL YOUR STUFF UP, don't leave anything and i mean ANYTHING of value in your vehicle....my hometown has changed for the worse in the last 2 years...

if yer into fishing, the redfish are thick in the surf, i may be down mid october for a quick trip to the beach, i'll keep you posted if yer interested.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Small world, I was born and raised in Flour Bluff which is where the Naval Air Station is at...That is a great time to catch some big trout and redfish down south in Baffin as well while you are there. You should look at going fishing with a guide which would definitely be cheaper than hunting on ANY of the ranches around C.C. (e.g. O'Connor, King, Kenedy, Chapman, etc.)

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
Small world, I was born and raised in Flour Bluff which is where the Naval Air Station is at...That is a great time to catch some big trout and redfish down south in Baffin as well while you are there. You should look at going fishing with a guide which would definitely be cheaper than hunting on ANY of the ranches around C.C. (e.g. O'Connor, King, Kenedy, Chapman, etc.)
ditto! we were just on Big Shell and tore up the reds, no charks though....

i got a few buddies that guide out of corpus and one out of Rivera that specializes on trophy trout in baffin, let me know if you guys are interested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the replies, information, and advice. I am into fishing also, but, since I will be missing some of bow season in Ohio, I am sure I will have the itch to be in the stand. I think I'll give Laguna Vista a call and see if I can get in on some hog hunting and/or maybe try to hunt some public land.

Obsessed I would be up for some good Red fishing please keep me posted. I have not had the chance to catch saltwater fish since I was a teenager.

Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts