Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use for a hunting release. Haven't been able to settle on one post pics and reasons for your release need ideas what to try next.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Don't have pics at the moment but I went from a Scott Shark to a Tru Fire Chicken Wing Last year and it improved my shooting alot.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
I like both my Cater Insatiable and Just B-Cuz thumb activated releases.
Hang either one on the D-Loop and you're at the ready for hunting. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Why not just skip all the hassle and go with the best, Stan Shootoff (curved) or SX (straight) sooner or later you are going to get there anyway!

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
Ive hunted with a scott longhorn ss, a winn free flite, a carter nock-2-it, a scott saber tooth, a stan sx3, a carter wise choice, and a scott rhino xt currently. Good luck choosing. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
I really like my TruFire chicken wing with short trigger. I may get the new improved Truball Copperhead this year

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
I love my trufire hardcore max. Comfortable strap, head swivels on a bearing, release body has 1" length adjustment, the trigger is adjustable for pressure and travel. I've found nothing I don't like about it.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51,117 Posts
Truball max pro. Hit up your dealer and shoot what hits your fancy and see which one picks you.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Been shooting a Scott Silverhorn for quite a few years. Love it. I have a second for a backup in my pack!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Ive been shooting a Scott Little Goose for the last 8 or so years my favorite release so far try new ones but always come back to the Scott

·
The Impartial Archer
18,783 Posts
Personally I don't like a thumb release for hunting because for me it's much easier to pull the weight with a wrist strap. Plus I guess since I have been using one for so long and I'm a competitive firearms shooter the trigger just feels like I have better control over the shot. Last since they are attached to your wrist they are handy & not in the way, don't flop around or you don't drop them.

No right or wrong you just need to do what works best for you and try a few.

·
Coram Deo
3,287 Posts
I use a Spot Hogg Whippersnapper 3 finger open. I looped a bit of cord thru the handle and ta-da... a wrist strap. I like it 'cause- having shot fingers for 30 years- I draw better with a hand-held and the open jaw means I can put it on or take it off whenever I want w/out an annoying game-spooking "click".

I'm a spot 'n stalk mule deer/elk hunter. I rarely sit in tree stands or blinds for longer than a couple of hours.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
You might want to try the Carter 2 Shot. Solid, good feel, wide trigger, helps when using back tension, perfect for use with gloves on cold days.
Nick

1 - 20 of 34 Posts