Archery Talk Forum banner

hunting stabilizer

1424 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  kzz1king
I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but has anyone DIY'd a hunting stabilizer from scratch. I tried to search the DIY forum but couldn't find anything
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
General discussion

Did you look thru the pages in "Homemade stuff" in general discussion? I think there was some in there. Beware!! You will get side tracked looking at all the neat things in there.

· Registered
108 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Cable guard

I have an old cable guard rod I was thinking of putting rubber stoppers on. I did a search for rubber stoppers and looked at the kind for laboratory beakers and such. You can get all shapes and sizes. Drill them out to be snug on rod, and space them apart on rod. I haven't sent for any yet so no pictures.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an old cable guard rod I was thinking of putting rubber stoppers on. I did a search for rubber stoppers and looked at the kind for laboratory beakers and such. You can get all shapes and sizes. Drill them out to be snug on rod, and space them apart on rod. I haven't sent for any yet so no pictures.
that sound smart
good idea

· Registered
1,414 Posts
If you can order them with holes close to the size you need, go that route. Drilling in rubber has always been a pain for me It sounds like you are more interested in a suppressor rather than a stabilizer. Rubber may do both if you can get the weight where you need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.