Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does every state require u to be drawn for a tag or can I just go but a tag and a license. Which state would that be in if this were possible

·
Registered
267 Posts
The majority of states are over the counter or high success draws. Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Ohio, Nebraska, etc. all over the counter. Kansas has high success draw and I believe Illinois is fairly easy too. Iowa is going to take 3 years most likely. The majority of western states are draw only.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
WY. is draw and it depends on what animals you want to hunt you have to buy points over the yrs. to get enough to be put in the draw.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Illinois is "draw" lol but seem to have an unlimited number of archery tags. U can buy them over the counter

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
R u serious. Hahahahaha
If he wasn't, do you think he would have asked the question? Just remember it's archers HELPING archers. This thread could have some good info. without nonsence like your post.

VA, is over the counter.
I am looking for the same kinda answers for early season hunts, antelope or early mulies.

Thanks,
Boswell

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
If he wasn't, do you think he would have asked the question? Just remember it's archers HELPING archers. This thread could have some good info. without nonsence like your post.

VA, is over the counter.
I am looking for the same kinda answers for early season hunts, antelope or early mulies.

Thanks,
Boswell
I agree with you on the archers helping archers. That's why I helped him out when he started his other thread less then than hour before this one on the same subject. That is why I helped him out thru a pm when he sent me a pm after both these threads.
So now you know all the facts jack.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
The only draw tag's we have in Arkansas is for the 7 day each modern gun and muzzle loader permit deer hunt's on public land or the youth hunt, no permit but has to have an adult, other than that it's archery only for deer. Small game hunting is allowed except during a permit hunt which that's the only hunting allowed at that time. If the WMA is in flood prone zone they will close it if water reach's a certain dept. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think non resident has to buy a $25 permit + license to hunt WMA's
Elk tag's are drawed also but It's only limited on tag's since we don't have a huge elk population.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Try to narrow down your question a little. You are asking about all states? To hunt anything? It all depends on how much you have to spend, what you want to hunt, and states that you want to hunt in. Try to be a little more specific.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
Wolves. The tags dropped to $50 OTC for non res this year. And you can use suppressors if you want. Riddle me that...lighted nocks didnt pass but suppressors did.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Wow iceman, Montana allows suppressors but Colorado won't let you have more then 15 rounds in the gun.
By the way I like that about the $50 tag. I know its a very steep hill to climb but I would like to shoot a wolf with a bow.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
Me too.im pretty sure they legalized electronic calls for them now so that could help. I think they upped the limit to 3 wolves also. Getting one is hard enough.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Really that's sweet on the electronic calls. That should make things little easier.
I actually hunt coyotes with a bow. I have 13 under my belt. Maybe I need to plan a trip to Montana in December.
I will bring the foxpro.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Indiana is over-the-counter. There are a few state parks that require a drawl but most public land a.k.a. State Forest is over-the-counter

1 - 20 of 20 Posts