Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have done this with success puting it up and hunting of it right away. I tried using one years ago on private land and brushed it in. Never had a deer come even close. If you were successful whats your secret?

·
can I shoot it?
17,052 Posts
Use them all the time for both turkey and deer. Turkey completely ignore it deer are about 50/50 with it up right away. Not ideal but if conditions dictate that or nothing I say go for it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
killed my first buck in a ground blind on public - brush it in; leave it if you can, totally get it, if you dont want to but yes love my blind(s)

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I don't brush my blinds in for deer. Just my opinion, but I think deer are reacting to the smell not the fact the blind is there. Deer that come out up wind of me on a brand new set and hunt have no issue with the blind. Its the down wind deer that have a big issue with it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
This is what I have seen on the public land I hunt-

Pipelines,powerlines,clear cuts hunting with rifle it doesn't bother them one bit brushed in or not.

Now soon as I set it in the brush brushed in or not they will not come within 100 yards of it, the only time I have seen deer from my blind while hunting back in the scrub is when I'm more then 2 miles back in the scrub, when back that far it doesn't seem to bother them as much but I typically only see younger less mature deer from it.

Take what I posted with a grain of salt because it might not be typical of other deer herds, the herd I hunt is some of the most pressured spooky natured deer you will ever find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts