Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who hunts with a reckoning? So I setup a 35 for this year to hunt whitetail this year. Well I stumbled across a 38 that I couldn't pass up. I love that even more but fear its too long to hunt with. Even though the draw length fits way better with the 38 set at 32......Also lets see your setups!

Reactions: KayPo

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hunt with a 35 and target shoot with a 38. Most of my hunting has been out of a stand or saddle. Pic of the 35 is below.

Attachments

Reactions: KayPo and cf7go

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Who hunts with a reckoning? So I setup a 35 for this year to hunt whitetail this year. Well I stumbled across a 38 that I couldn't pass up. I love that even more but fear its too long to hunt with. Even though the draw length fits way better with the 38 set at 32......Also lets see your setups!
I assure you it is not too long. Go hunt with it....there are recurve guys hunting out of ground blinds and tree stands with far longer bows than that without issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assure you it is not too long. Go hunt with it....there are recurve guys hunting out of ground blinds and tree stands with far longer bows than that without issue.
I didn't think about it that way!

·
Registered
Ritual 35, Axcel sights, Carter Two Shot
254 Posts
I have a friend who says his Reck 35 is the best hunting bow he ever had, loves it. I have a Reck 35 for my 3D bow but I wouldn't hesitate a bit about hunting with it, my hunting bow is 34" ata so almost no difference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hunt with an old Darton cyclone that is 41" ata never had any problems in tree stands, it can be a little tight in some ground blinds.

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,829 Posts
I don't have a reckoning but I do hunt with my CPXL which is the exact same specs.
Never had an issue at all. Actually I killed my biggest buck ever with my CPXL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts