Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,009 Posts
I just made the jump from a Scott sabertooth wrist release to a Spot Hogg FND and love it. I think that I get a way more consistent release and anchor point. I can't say anything about hunting with it yet, but I will definitely be using it to hunt this coming season. Hope this helps

· Registered
3,683 Posts
great idea

this will be my first season hunting since i learned to shoot with back tension. what i really look forward to is hooking it right to the loop until i need it. no more punchomatic strapped to my wrist.

· Registered
23,637 Posts
this will be my first season hunting since i learned to shoot with back tension. .
THAT is the biggest advantage...it is amazing how much better a perfect, clean release feels heading towards a critter!

I use a Tru Ball ST360, and really, really love it...it does not stay clipped ot my loop, so i keep it in my coat pocket...

· Registered
1,049 Posts
T-handle

T-Handle thumb release is great for hunting, been doing it for a couple of years. True back tension however is a very bad idea. I shot 11 deer with a bow last season and I can assure you that not one of those would have stood still long enough for my back tension release to go off.

· Registered
3,683 Posts
none???

T-Handle thumb release is great for hunting, been doing it for a couple of years. True back tension however is a very bad idea. I shot 11 deer with a bow last season and I can assure you that not one of those would have stood still long enough for my back tension release to go off.
you didn't have ONE deer stand there for 2 or 3 seconds?

· Registered
1,951 Posts
you didn't have ONE deer stand there for 2 or 3 seconds?
im not bt dude but maybe he isnt using it right or something. i have a bt and i used it a few times and i can see what he is saying it takes me like 5- 10 seconds to fire it off. i dunno why i need to learn from someone who knows what they're doing.

· Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,155 Posts
cany anyone post pictures or the models they are using? I would like to use a thumb trigger release and was wondering what others are using. I know absolutely nothing about them, I imagine they are still good to 70#?:embara:

· Registered
1,066 Posts
cany anyone post pictures or the models they are using? I would like to use a thumb trigger release and was wondering what others are using. I know absolutely nothing about them, I imagine they are still good to 70#?:embara:
Here is my new Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special. I like the idea having a wrist strap cause I have a thing for losing releases.

Attachments

· Registered
593 Posts
QUESTION: I just got a spot-Hogg FND release and am wondering how you would just simply click it to the D-loop and be ready to go when it doesn't completley cover the loop? Please PM me if you have an answer for me! Thanks!

· Registered
1,999 Posts
personally - - i used a t-handle (truball 3d 4finger) last year and i wasnt as impressed as i thought i would be. i was always afraid of loosing it, whether walking through the woods, or it falling off my dloop. that and anytime i held my bow without also holding the release it would clank on my cable slide bar. (annoying!!! to say the least). and i didnt feel very comfortable shooting it with gloves unless they were like the super grippy underarmor reciever type gloves. so i switched back to the truball copperhead for this year.

· Registered
298 Posts
Got a TRU Ball Pro Diamond to replace my wrist strap and will never go back. Caliper head clips on loop and stays on. Can wear gloves and layers of clothing for winter bow without the wrist strap. Can move arm without release banging eveything around. For pics look up TRU Ball website.

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is my T-Handle Thumb release I use for hunting. I like having the feel of the string in my hands rather then my wrist. This one stays closed so it will clip to your loop.

I just looked at this one tonight, looked nice. I like that clip where did you get? Seemed like a pretty nice release, ran about 75 bucks about what I would want to pay.

CW

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.