Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas first of all! Does anyone have much experience hunting with the Scott Hexx or Longhorn release and if so, which one seemed better for hunting?

·
Bowhunter
2,073 Posts
I hunt with a Hexx and really like it. No problems at all with it, easy to hook the loop and pull back.I have not hunted with the longhorn.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I use the Hexx, never had an issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I practiced with the hex to help with my Target panic, which with other mental tools has helped tremendously. And then I switched back to my Scott Mongoose trigger for pre-hunting practice and hunting and missed several deer. (Mostly TP again I think) and then switched back to the Hex for hunting and killed my last 2 deer :) I do worry about the tiny rubber band in the cold a little bit, but I put a fresh one on in December and keep the release in my pocket. I will hunt and practice with it for the foreseeable future.

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,236 Posts
How does the Hexx compare to a true hinge? I shoot the Longhorn Hunter and want to use a Hexx for my 80# bow a little easier to draw with a wrist strap. Using a thumb currently.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I hunt with the Hexx also. No problems at all. Love the Hexx for everything.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
One Shot
9,181 Posts
The click on the hex was loud enough to startle turkeys but the longhorn is quieter. The longhorn takes some getting used to, annoying to have a hinge hanging off your wrist banging into things.
That said, it's the longhorn for me last few seasons and the next few.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts