Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8,662 Posts
I havent done them but I do take kids out when ever I can. My question is If the program is on the up and up why are you asking if you should help some one live a dream?

· Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent done them but I do take kids out when ever I can. My question is If the program is on the up and up why are you asking if you should help some one live a dream?
I have no problem helping someone live a dream and I wouldn't be asking questions if I didn't have an interest. I just want to know what to expect.

· Registered
8,662 Posts
I would expect to have one of the best experinces of your life.

· Registered
374 Posts
Never done a hunt of a lifetime but I'm around terminally ill people all the time due to my job.

It's a good thing to help those who won't be with us much longer. It more than likely there last wish and you have the chance to make it happen what a great feeling that will bring to you and them.

In my opinion it will open a door in your life you never knew was there. It's up to you what you learn from it. Trust me you will learn.

I hope you decide to help someone's dream come true. It will be rewarding.

· Registered
903 Posts
Never done a hunt but my club hosted a 3d benefit shoot for hunt of a lifetime on the 13th and 14th of september. Tina Pattison the founder of hoal was there and she is a wonderful person. Everyone had a great time and my club was thrilled to raise money for a wonderful organization.

· Registered
1,814 Posts
ive never done one but i would sure love to !! im sure youll have a whole new outlook on life afterwards!! do it youll love it!! keep us posted about it!!

· Registered
19,921 Posts
I would expect to have one of the best experinces of your life.
I had the pleasure of taking a young man turkey hunting through hunt of a lifetime,was an amazing eye opening experience probably the best three days of hunting ive ever had.This young man with one leg and chruches,suffering from cancer got around better than most of my clients and definately had a better attitude about the whole hunting experience.He was able to harvest a huge tom after a couple close calls and a miss.ahae was due back at school the day he got is bird and i explained to his mother he was mine till he was succesful.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
I can't really offer any insight on this program, but being physically impared myself, I can understand what it is like to wish for a chance just to get out there and have experience. I believe it would be a noble experience to help with this program. My own condition is precarious. I ended up with a spinal cord injury. They performed surgery to decompress my spinal cord and bolted 5 virtebre togher in my neck. My right hand and forearm is substatually atraphied and my lef hand only slightly. This has been a mental and physical roller-coaster ride. To this day the doctors are suprised I can still walk. In spite of that, I was able to return to work 3 months after surgery. I felt like I dodged a big bullet and was kicking a-- and taking names. Early last December I found that I could draw my bow so I figured I better do as much bowhunting as I possible while I still can. I figured it was time to upgrade my equipment so I up and baught a new Hoyt Katera XL, 3 different types of arrows, 4 different types of fletching and I even baught the other cam option Hoyt offers on their 2008 bows. I was testing different cominations and just about dialed-in with my choices when I suddenly lost all strength and control of my right hand and arm. I havn't been able to touch my bow since the middle of June. I've been going through a bunch of tests and still have more to go. I don't know what the future has in store for me but I'm thinking that I was stable before so I should be able to get stableized again so I can get on with my life. Probably not unlike those terminally ill people; I too wish I could get out there and have any kind of experience. Even what alot of healthy people call bad luck would be a blessing. I really can't speak for others but I don't feel sorry for myself so don't want people feeling sorry for me. I just pray for the strength to meet the challenges ahead. Well I'm sorry, I didn't mean to write a story. Just enjoy what you've got while you got it.

· Registered
484 Posts
hunts

Dream Hunts?
Hunt of a Lifetime? ...whatever they're called.

I've been asked to participate in one of these hunts as a chaperone....... but before I commit myself ... has anyone here done this? Please explain.
I am doing a hunt for catch a dream,,,which is a donated hunt from a outfitter in pike county Ill,,it is a raffle which is why I cannot post it on A.T. if you want to know about what you are doing get in touch with catch a dream and they can tell you alot,,,if anyone wants some info on our catch a dream hunt we are doing P.M me,,,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.