Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pay attention to the "V" formed by the sticks to the left of the buck in the 1st photo; especially the left fork of the "V" which I estimate to be over 3 +1/2 feet off the ground. In the second picture (duck) taken Sunday at 1:15pm in Orange County, NY, the left side of that "V" has almost dissapeared under water. The water was a inch or two shy of the camera which was 4' off what was dry ground before the storm. This set does sit 35 ft from a creek.

BTW, can anybody identify these waterfowl that just showed up?

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,694 Posts
WOW - that is amazing - you really lucked out in not loosing that cam....great pics too - can't help too much with the id though...

Joe

·
Registered
503 Posts
1st one looks like a greenwing teal hen 2nd and 3rd one is a molting drake mallard and 3rd one is a molting drake wood duck

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
lucked out for sure. glad you didn't have to drain your cam

·
are they chasing yet??
2,326 Posts
thats amazing!!!! i bet there is not another photo with a buck and a duck on camera in the same place ever taken!! this is a very unique sequence of photos!!!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats amazing!!!! i bet there is not another photo with a buck and a duck on camera in the same place ever taken!! this is a very unique sequence of photos!!!
That is true with respect to cams that I have placed for woods photos, but I have had pictures of bucks by the creek where I originally placed cameras to get the ducks and other critters by the water.

So yes, I do have prior pics of bucks and ducks in the same creekside spot but this is the first for a "woods" cam. here's an example: of couse these were not taken in the same sequence which was part of your original point, which is very true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts