Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how to tell the difference between a Hybrix 1.5 and 2.0. Thanks

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what the difference is I am wondering how to tell the difference by looking at them. Thanks

· Premium Member
10,938 Posts
I don't know about the 2.0, but I have two Ryteras with Hybrix 1.5 cams and they are marked as such right on the side of the cam.

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks bfisher. I just bought a 10 Nemesis yesterday and am pretty sure it has 2.0 cams on it. How hard are the 1.5's to get?

· Premium Member
10,938 Posts
Thanks bfisher. I just bought a 10 Nemesis yesterday and am pretty sure it has 2.0 cams on it. How hard are the 1.5's to get?
There'a more to things than just changing the cams. Getting them isn't that hard as Martin has them. A dealer could order them or maybe even swap them even-up. They both use the same modules. The difference you will find is that the bow with smaller 1.5 cam with your present limbs will have a higher draw weight range. How much, I don't know but I'd suspect about 10#. And then there is the difference in string/cable length. Just thought of something. One way to tell which cams is by the limb sticker. Look at the string length. 1.5 cams calls for a 52 1/2" string and 38 3/4" cables. 2.0 cams call for s tring length about 3-4" longer.

To bbjavelina, the markings might have changed from '10 to '11, but the shape of the cams is the same. Also just for info, the Martin Nitro cams are the same as the Hybrix for 2011. My Nemisis has one of each. Top cam is Hybrix. Bottom is Nitro. And this is soon to be changed just for aesthetic reasons.

· Registered
210 Posts
There'a more to things than just changing the cams. Getting them isn't that hard as Martin has them. A dealer could order them or maybe even swap them even-up. They both use the same modules. The difference you will find is that the bow with smaller 1.5 cam with your present limbs will have a higher draw weight range. How much, I don't know but I'd suspect about 10#. And then there is the difference in string/cable length. Just thought of something. One way to tell which cams is by the limb sticker. Look at the string length. 1.5 cams calls for a 52 1/2" string and 38 3/4" cables. 2.0 cams call for s tring length about 3-4" longer.

To bbjavelina, the markings might have changed from '10 to '11, but the shape of the cams is the same. Also just for info, the Martin Nitro cams are the same as the Hybrix for 2011. My Nemisis has one of each. Top cam is Hybrix. Bottom is Nitro. And this is soon to be changed just for aesthetic reasons.
Thought the nitro 1.5 looked more like a hybrix than a cat

· Premium Member
10,938 Posts
Thought the nitro 1.5 looked more like a hybrix than a cat
What? you want to see a Nitro 1.5? Ask and ye shall recieve. My new Nemisis came with one of each, The pic above is the top cam and the Nitro 1.5 is the bottom cam.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.