Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Shade Tree Bow Technician
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Well, I was lucky enough to be one of the few people to receive a free Hydroshock string suppression system from they people at Hydronic Archery. Now let me specify before I continue my review what I am looking for in this product. 1. Ease of installation 2. Performance (Shock and Sound Absorption) After going to their website and finding the correct length I ordered one for my 08 82nd Airborne. I felt that the 08 had a bit of noise that I just couldn’t get to go away. Especially after hearing, (or not hearing) the new 09’s. After giving my shipping info to the fine people at Hydronic, I waiting for the product to show in the mail.

In short order, I received the package.

First impressions are a big part of what I look for when choosing accessories for my bow. The Hydroshock came in a nice, sealed plastic bag with the instructions included on setting it up. I pulled it out of the package and immediately started looking if over. The machine work was awesome and fit to finish was nice. I installed it on my bow and proceeded to set it up per the instructions. I got her snugged up, then threaded the rod out until the plunger was depressed about half the distance of its’ length.

I took the bow outside and put an arrow on it. I wasn’t sure what to think, but from what their website said this should quiet my bow down. The 82nd would be the test for that. At the shot I notices that the bowstring lacked the normal twang I had with the original suppressor. I also noticed that what little shock I had originally was gone! Wow, I am impressed! It took out the sound and the shock. As advertised. I shot the bow several more times to make sure I wasn’t just imagining things and it produced the same results each time.

Now this review my honest review. Though I was given this product to test, I do so honestly. The Ease of Installation was Extremely Easy. The Performance was significantly greater in the areas of Shock and Sound. It reduced my bow noise (to my ear) and the shock that was associated to my bow was also perceived less as well. The only thing that I did not like was that the rubber stopper wasn’t held on as well as I would have liked. The pin going into it was a bit small and if you don’t get the stopper set up exactly centered on the string you will find it starts to tilt to the side. Other than that, and once I had the thing set up in the exact center, it performed flawlessly.

For what I was looking for in this product it performed to my expectations. I would recommend beefing up the attachment of the rubber stoppers. I feel you can’t go wrong with this product and I feel that if you are in the market for a string suppressor for your bow, then this might just be for you.”

I want to say thanks to Hyrdronic Archery for the opportunity to test this product. It performed as advertised and then sum!

Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
at members discount

50 dollars plus shipping for all AT members. Please call 7245628436 clint. Measure from the bushings to the string and pick the correct model. ANy questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
255 Posts
new product announcement

We are offering new product. This will add ne life to your old STS or other string suppressor that uses a 3/8 inch rod. We are offering a hydroshock end cap. 25 dollars plus shipping you can upgrade your string suppressor. If any one wants a picture let me know. Thanks CLint

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
We are offering new product. This will add ne life to your old STS or other string suppressor that uses a 3/8 inch rod. We are offering a hydroshock end cap. 25 dollars plus shipping you can upgrade your string suppressor. If any one wants a picture let me know. Thanks CLint
Will that fit an alphamax and a vulcan?

·
Registered
255 Posts
the stealth shot is offset

The end cap might not work. I have the bar and end cap together for 45. If you have and offset bar 5/16 inch it will work.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Thats right it need to be offset. Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can I get a picture of it?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Other than a front mount, what do you offer for the Hoyt Proelite shooters ???

·
Registered
532 Posts
I dont see the add on on your site. Does it go over the rod of my exsisting sts?

·
Registered
255 Posts
yes

Look at my front mount and the end cap comes off and can be mounted on your sts rod already. Upgraded it for 25 dollars plus shipping.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hydroshock

Clint,

Will the Katera model fit the Seven37, it already has a straight shaft with an offset stopper, non adjustable (08 model).

Thanks,
Rod

·
Registered
835 Posts
ttt

1 - 20 of 23 Posts