Archery Talk Forum banner

Hyperforce Tuning...

5784 Views 20 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Misses2much
Hello everyone! I am new here, and been geeking out on archery the past month and half or so... I bought a new Hoyt Hyperforce in March with #3 cam, 29.5" DL, 70# DW(limbs are maxed haven't tested draw weight yet...) got this badboy in center shot, shooting bullets with consistent 290 fps w/ 442 grain arrows. Shoots and feels great, was hoping it would be a bit faster at that DL and DW.

Wanted to see what everyone else thought about that speed?

Also I feel a little vibration with no accessories besides my sight and rest... Here is my setup... stock strings, Beestinger 8" Sporthunter Xtreme, Hoyt 4 arrow quick detach quiver, Black Gold Ascent Verdict, open to any ideas and input?

Thanks
Justin
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6,108 Posts
Speed is not bad. I would check timing for your vibration issue. I don't have any vibration other than good vibrations when my arrows are going in the middle. Honestly been one of the best bows I have shot and tuned. I like everything about the bow. Don't be concerned about the speed, you have plenty. Just think about arrow placement. Only thing you can do is max out the limbs and shoot a lighter arrow that tunes to the bow. But honestly you have a great set up!

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speed is not bad. I would check timing for your vibration issue. I don't have any vibration other than good vibrations when my arrows are going in the middle. Honestly been one of the best bows I have shot and tuned. I like everything about the bow. Don't be concerned about the speed, you have plenty. Just think about arrow placement. Only thing you can do is max out the limbs and shoot a lighter arrow that tunes to the bow. But honestly you have a great set up!
No it is not bad at all... Just curious mostly, haha! I like them good vibrations myself! And thank you very much! I am really enjoying it, honestly! Yeah I was contemplating a lighter arrow.. 404ish... It shot 310 fps with a 404 grain arrow.

I will have the timing checked tomorrow when I get my peep tied in.

· Registered
6,108 Posts
try adding some monkey tails on the cable down by the barrel on the split. that should take some vibe out.
Yes maybe. Mine came with limbsaver installed from factory. I was told from the shop I bought mine at this was one of the first ones they have seen.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try adding some monkey tails on the cable down by the barrel on the split. that should take some vibe out.
Yes maybe. Mine came with limbsaver installed from factory. I was told from the shop I bought mine at this was one of the first ones they have seen.
What you mean limbsaver? Can you snap a pic?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so I will purchase a string leech and get that installed at the bottom of the string. And see how that works.

I like the monkey tails idea! Thank you for the pic!

I have another question regarding tuning... Someone recommended checking my axle to axle and brace height to see if my bow was within the factory specs. Once I get the measurements, is it exactly 32" axle to axle? I am measuring 31 13/16", and the brace height seems dead on at 6".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.