Archery Talk Forum banner

Hyperforce

1146 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  lees
Hmmmm is my hyperforce a collectors item now since Hoyt only had it for a single year? Was it even in production for a full year?

**** I know it's not, just makes me wonder how many were really sold****

Why not just tweak the hyperforce and sell it at the nitrux Price point. I'm even more confused about Hoyt's reason for nitrux and its odd release time.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8,091 Posts
What precisely is the compliant about a bow only being in production for one year? If you have a bow you like, what's the benefit of a multi-year run? Do people trade in a one year old bow for the exact same bow that's 1 year newer.

BTW. The whole RX-1 line was also only in production for 1 year.

· Registered
1,429 Posts
I would defiantly hold on to it. It's a great shooting bow that you can enjoy for many years but if you decide to retire it I would hold on to it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not compliant...just questions and observations.

1. Does a bow in a company's line for only 1 year hold its value better over time then a bow that's sold for multi years?
2. Are replacement parts now special order with a long lead times?
3. Was the bow taken out of the line because it just wasn't selling or is the new norm 1 year bows
4. If 1 year production bows are going to be the new norm should they be marketed that way so people know to get while it last?

You are correct about the RX-1, even tho the RX-3 is the rdwrx line it's all different bow.

Just odd to order a bow (think I ordered in December, got it in February) have it for eight months and then it's not even listed on the website.

The bow itself is a fine bow and shoots as expected...

· Shootin and Cussin
27,286 Posts
We sold a lot of them. The Helix is almost the same bow. Just and RX-3 with an aluminum riser.

· Full Time Novice
11,275 Posts
Hmmmm is my hyperforce a collectors item now since Hoyt only had it for a single year? Was it even in production for a full year?

**** I know it's not, just makes me wonder how many were really sold****

Why not just tweak the hyperforce and sell it at the nitrux Price point. I'm even more confused about Hoyt's reason for nitrux and its odd release time.
we didnt sell one aluminum bow.

· Shootin and Cussin
27,286 Posts

· Registered
5,025 Posts

1. Does a bow in a company's line for only 1 year hold its value better over time then a bow that's sold for multi years? No
2. Are replacement parts now special order with a long lead times? They always are
3. Was the bow taken out of the line because it just wasn't selling or is the new norm 1 year bows One year bow. See PSE, Mathews, Bowtech, etc.
4. If 1 year production bows are going to be the new norm should they be marketed that way so people know to get while it last? Nope. Each year they are "Revolutionary"

You are correct about the RX-1, even tho the RX-3 is the rdwrx line it's all different bow.

Just odd to order a bow (think I ordered in December, got it in February) have it for eight months and then it's not even listed on the website.

Hope this helps

· Registered
16,435 Posts
Hoyt, in their own words circa 2018 release, said any aluminum bows they make will be considered "main line"....a lesser bow.

I don't think you'll see flagship, hit and stick aluminum bows from Hoyt in the future.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
10,216 Posts

1. Does a bow in a company's line for only 1 year hold its value better over time then a bow that's sold for multi years?
The short answer is no. The long answer is it depends - there's actually not a good way to tell if something with low production numbers will ever become a collector's item. Might be worth it to hang onto it, especially if you like it.
2. Are replacement parts now special order with a long lead times?
They always were even when the bow was in production, but now the hazard that Hoyt will get Alzheimers bout the bow and its parts within the next 3-6 months just increased 500%. If you like the bow and plan to keep it, go ahead and order spares of the moving parts now, rather than wait till Hoyt forgets about the bow.
3. Was the bow taken out of the line because it just wasn't selling or is the new norm 1 year bows
Poor sales is the only logical, business-saavy reason that makes sense (and Hoyt is definitely a smart company having been in business for so long). Sometimes it's a reflection on the bow itself, but usually the competitors that year are simply better for lower prices. It happens. Hoyt has historically been the worst about orphaning their bows, but all the big manufacturers do it too.
4. If 1 year production bows are going to be the new norm should they be marketed that way so people know to get while it last?
Always treat any new bow purchase as if a) it's going to be discontinued the next year and b) its value has depreciated at least 50% immediately, as soon as you take it out of the box. 75% at least after the first 100 shots. Then you'll always be happy with it if you like it otherwise.

Yeah kind of the norm on the compound bow. The ILF recurve bow is the only bow type that I know of that doesn't go obsolete within 3 to 5 years.....

lee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.