Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
i picked up 3 packs last summer for 45.00.i also like the theory and they get a good rating on the b/htest page.i am going to bring 2 arrows tipped with these on my elk hunt next week-if i can get 20yds or less i will probably try one out.for deer i wouldnt hesitate at all.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I have a quiver full of 125's right now! I can't wait to see a 3" slice through my 2006 trophy buck!! :wink:

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,717 Posts
these are the only broadheads ive ever used for more than 1 season

i used the 100 grain 2" cut last year and the doe i shot with it didnt go 40 yards , this year im trying the new ones with the sharpened trip levers and only a 1 -3/8" cut, should be just the ticket, i figured i might as well try them because i got 2 packs of the new x-bow model brand new on ebay for $32 shipped (less than half the price of a single pack)

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I Shot a Doe and a Catalina goat last yr. with the 100gr. Hypershock's. Although I recovered both, I did not like the lack of penetration with this head. The head passed thru the game but not the arrow, which plugged up the entrance hole. I think the two inch blades take to much energy to open and drive thru the animal. If I was to use them again I would opt for there "X" heads with the smaller cutting surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts