Archery Talk Forum banner

Which bow would you choose?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Adict
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I'm fairly new to the site and am super excited to start working on my archery.
I currently shoot a 2009 Diamond The Rock. with a TR Hitman sight, QAP ultra rest, and tru-fire thumb release. I spend most of my time hunting (though i'm new to that too, and haven't taken anything yet).

I have, however, given a lot of thought to target and 3D shooting recently. I love shooting my darn bow.

Now here's the question...
If you were given the choice between a Mathew's Z7, or a Mathew's Conquest Triumph for the same price... what would you take? Why?
Could you ever take the triumph hunting? Would you use the Z7 for target or 3D? this question isn't as hypothetical as it sounds...

I'd love to hear what you think!

Luis

·
Blue Card Club
1,355 Posts
I would go with the Z7. Flatter shooting bow. 3D/Target/Hunting good for them all. The Conquest is more geared for target in my opinion.

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
I would go with the Z7 out of those 2 choices. It is a more, all around bow.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
i would get the triumph if you want to shoot comp and are set on those two bows. the z7 i like better, but it will give up points in a target comp

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,424 Posts
Man...those are too extremely "Purpose Built" bows from both sides of the spectrum..and with so many great "Do-It-All" bow selections out there i have no clue why you would limit yourself to just those two single purpose bows..do yourself a favoe and take a close look at the elite pure and elite answer...take an even closer look at PSE's Supra and Vendetta line then check out the new Bear "Anarchy" and yes..Even Hoyt has some great do-all bows..and i get the impression that's what you're looking for but you wont find it in either of the two you mentioned.

·
Adict
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, generally, I can't afford to spend 1000+ for a bow. I was offered the conquest triumph for 700 bucks. hard to beat

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
thats crazy. what about recurves they are longer.

·
Banned
324 Posts
My comment was because folks are so conditioned that they think they cant hunt with a bow that has a longer A2A then a sling shot. I hunt with a 40.5" a2a bow.

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
yeah, I think bows over 35" A2A are illegal in most states.
I thought that regulation was 34.5" but I think a lot of states are only 34"
:ROFLMAO:

Between the two bows, don't worry you can still make waffles with either one!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts