Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i can’t decide. So i’ll let you guys help me out on this one. My draw length is 27.5 limbs are 60-70 lbs. Here are the choices

1) RX1 Ridge Reaper with black limbs IMG_0046.JPG

2) RX1 Optifade subalpine
IMG_0047.JPG

Ok! I’m putting my faith in you guys. You decide because i’m too weak and i don’t want to buy both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Optifade!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I omitted one thing on purpose as I did not want to sway the vote. One of the bows is a Cameron Hanes signature series IMG_0044.JPG

·
Registered
112 Posts
Love the subalpine. But i am also not a fan of signature series anything or special editions(like bone collector). For some reason i just think only the factory markings make the bow look better.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Option 2

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
You want bacon ice cream with sauerkraut topping...

Seriously, strong bet the results end up being pretty much for either, so here are some questions in response to yours...

Two different bows, two different feels, so which felt [even slightly] better for you? Which felt like "Ah..." and whch felt like "Ah-Ha!!!"

What are you going to use it for? Do you really want/need a signature series bow you're gong to take out into the brush and use [abuse] the Hanes out of? The value of signature series anything is in hanging it on the wall to be admired; it's going to shoot moose the same as the same bow without the extra graphics.

Don't know the bows personally, but what about brand reputation, nearby dealers/support, etc?

If you were sitting in jail, which bow would bail you out and which would be sitting next to you saying "Dang that was fun!"

And here's where we get into the spiritual religion of archery in the very memory of St. Sebastian... Which one calls to you? If both bows were about to fall off a cliff and you only had one hand, which would hit the canyon floor? Which sends the tinglies up your arm when you grab hold of the grip?

Now... Where's that ice cream?

·
12,017 Posts
You want bacon ice cream with sauerkraut topping...

Seriously, strong bet the results end up being pretty much for either, so here are some questions in response to yours...

Two different bows, two different feels, so which felt [even slightly] better for you? Which felt like "Ah..." and whch felt like "Ah-Ha!!!"

What are you going to use it for? Do you really want/need a signature series bow you're gong to take out into the brush and use [abuse] the Hanes out of? The value of signature series anything is in hanging it on the wall to be admired; it's going to shoot moose the same as the same bow without the extra graphics.

Don't know the bows personally, but what about brand reputation, nearby dealers/support, etc?

If you were sitting in jail, which bow would bail you out and which would be sitting next to you saying "Dang that was fun!"

And here's where we get into the spiritual religion of archery in the very memory of St. Sebastian... Which one calls to you? If both bows were about to fall off a cliff and you only had one hand, which would hit the canyon floor? Which sends the tinglies up your arm when you grab hold of the grip?

Now... Where's that ice cream?
Unless I missed something it’s the same bow, just different patterns.

I desperately wanted to like the Subalpine RX1 Ultra but the finish was very sub par. I had no confidence that the finish would hold up.

Great bow though. Good luck.

·
Registered
51,117 Posts
Neither, go all black. Easier to match acc. As far as the Cameron Hanes edition, IMHO big deal, it is just a color combo, nothing special just to slap someone elses name on your bow.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts