Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the last 2-1/2 years hanging around the various “Traditional” forums within AT and others and decided to return to the friendliest place on the internet. I cruised the posting and found some familiar names are still here. I’m tired of the purist snobs, snarky moderators and non stop bickering on every topic. Found myself getting into some toxic conversations and decided not to participate anymore. I rather enjoy my hobby then argue endlessly about it.

I’m still shooting a couple Hoyt Recurves (Excel/with Trad Tech limbs for 3D and a Dorado for hunting). Last year I killed my first deer with a recurve (yeah!) and will contine this season with the Dorado. Over the last couple years I have won a couple local 3D shoots in the ASA Traditional class and have placed fairly well in state level shoots.

Hope to catch up with some old friends and make some new ones…

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Welcome back, Jerry!.....Congrats on the kill with the 'Curve!.....Did You shoot the Third leg of the IBO National Triple Crown, at Nelsonville??.....As a side note that Excel riser from Hoyt is a sweet piece of gear for the $$$, aint it?...My buddy had a 21" Excel, and some old-school Hoyt carbon/wood medium limbs, it was a very nice rig....Take care, Jerry!......Jim

·
Cato
4,077 Posts
Those recurves can be addictive. But then so can the compounds......
Welcome back to the asylum

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Welcome back Jerry.

I can't hit a barn door at ten paces with a recurve, so respect to you on your achievements.

As for the friendliest place on the internet.... Well, life's too short to get stressed.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jim, Good to hear from you too! The doe I killed last year was a perfect 15 yard broadside shot at a deer looking at a decoy, went 60 yards and piled up in sight. Last year was my first with a decoy and I'm hooked. I have 2 busy teenagers so I've only been shooting Michigan 3Ds so far. I'm staring down the barrel at college expenses (until 2019) starting next year so I'm probably going to be at the local/state level for quite a while. I really like my value priced Excel, it's a steal and a great shooter.

Mitchell & Neil, glad to hear from you guys!

I'm leaving next Friday for a Michigan UP bear hunt with my muzzleloader. Archery season cannot start too soon...

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Hey Jim, Good to hear from you too! The doe I killed last year was a perfect 15 yard broadside shot at a deer looking at a decoy, went 60 yards and piled up in sight. Last year was my first with a decoy and I'm hooked. I have 2 busy teenagers so I've only been shooting Michigan 3Ds so far. I'm staring down the barrel at college expenses (until 2019) starting next year so I'm probably going to be at the local/state level for quite a while. I really like my value priced Excel, it's a steal and a great shooter.

Mitchell & Neil, glad to hear from you guys!

I'm leaving next Friday for a Michigan UP bear hunt with my muzzleloader. Archery season cannot start too soon...
...Jerry, good luck with that bear hunt!....As for College tuition/expenses, I hear ya....Take care!...Jim

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Jerry,

Glad to see you back. Several of us shoot recurves from time to time. I haven't shot one in a year, but was an exclusive recurve shooter for years. I still have two Sky Conquests and two metal Warfs and a wood homemade ILF recurve. I know what you mean about purists.

I've owned and shot numberous ILF limbs, but sold all my Hoyt, Sky, Winn-Winn, KAP and Sebastian Flute limbs and only own 2 sets of Dryad ILF limbs now. That static tip is all the difference!

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
I hear ya! Love this spot. I really enjoy my Dry Ridge longbow but have really gotten back into my first love, compound/fingers.Enjoy your posts and threads....God bless

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
it has been a long time jcs. good to see you again. glad your doing well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts