Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get out of work at midnight and decide to go and shoot like I do alot of times after work. I shoot a few dozen arrows and am hitting pretty good at 30yds. Its about 1am so I figure I will call it quits. I am puting all my stuff away and decide to check the draw weight with my handheld scale that I finally found batteries for after asking in a thread on here. Well anyway I put an arrow on to check the weight(just in case my loop breaks). What do you thinks happens? Nope, the loop didn't break, the &^%$*@# scale slips out of my hand, goes flying and smashes up against the cement wall, the arrow goes into the target almost sideways, my glasses go flying(had them hooked on my shirt pocket) and I hit my wrist(not bad). WTH!! So now I am checking my bow over and it looks good. It didn't hit anything, great. I figure I would try to shoot it to make sure. The arrow hits about 8" to the right but perfect height. I check the sight and everything is fine. I then look at the rest, a limbdriver, and see that the rod that goes through the rest is bent, darn. I took the rope off and it is working fine, just bent. I try and bend it back and then shoot it. Now low left. Well anyway, I got it straightened out and is hitting X's at 30yds. I just spent $13.00on 3 batteries at Radio Shack. Anyone need any CR1632 batteries, I have 2 left plus the one that is in the scale which is brand new. I'll send them to you for free. Sorry for it being long, had to vent.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Man that sounds like a bad day.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a good night, I mean morning lol. I will still have to shoot with that rest a few more times to make sure it will stay working and not fail. You know the old saying, you know what happens! Oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts