Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not a target archer, just a bowhunter. I am shooting axis 400 arrows and my FOC is 9.864% is this close enough to the 10% that I read about in the bowhunting mags??

Why do some archers here suggets 12-15% for carbon arrows??

the easton guide says 10-15% and they break it up by dicipline, not arrow choice--- why the difference???

I alway thought that too much FOC gave you more drop at longer ranges.

In spite of all the questions, I am getting great groups. I recently switched to a NAP smartrest(my first dropaway) and have only paper tuned, but I can keep a combined FP and BH group of 4 arrows into 4" at 40 yards--which is half the size of the groups with my biscuit.

Am I picking nits???? I am also not sure if I can shoot any better than I am now (my eyes are starting to go)

Any input appreciated

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas:embara:

I am mostly a rifleman/benchrester/reloader. I really started bowhunting with a fury about 7 years ago ( though I have been doing it about twice that long), but I have been shooting a rifle since I could walk. I am always looking for that "little something" to shrink my groups:)

Thanks again. I guess the only thing left to do is wait for the opener...... and practice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts